Chapter 21: Another Party

After a long stressful journey hoarding the bottles under the cloak as I make my way through the secret passage back into the castle, I enter the common room through the portrait, to find Daphne and Millicent setting up.

"Murph!" they exclaim, "you actually did it" Daphne shouts sounding extremely surprised.

"told you I would" I say with a smirk, "where are the younger year students?" I ask concerned.

"in their rooms, not allowed to leave unless they want detention" she says smugly.

"where is Pansy?" I ask curiously.

"Upstairs refusing to help" Daphne says rolling her eyes

"that's expected I suppose, anyways I'm going to go get ready, you girls okay to set up?" I say making my way towards the stairs.

"Obviously" Millicent says as she flicks her wand in the air making all the decorations hang up on their own

Me, Cherry and Anabelle started getting ready. I slipped on a black A line skirt with a matching black low-cut crop top, I was pleased to be showing skin in all the right places. I left my hair down and put on a bright red lip.

We made our way downstairs after an hour to see the room was already filled with people getting drunk and dancing. The tables and couches were moved to the side and the room was dark, only being lit by fairy lights hanging on the walls and draped across the ceiling.

As we walked through the crowd, it took me back to fourth year, seeing people stop and stare at me and my friends in awe. I flicked my hair back and I walked confidently passed them remembering how good this used to make me feel. Everyone was stopping and thanking me for getting the drinks, they couldn't believe I managed to do it.

I walk up to the seats at the fireplace, gesturing to the girls seated to leave. they got up nervously kindly offering up their seats.

"Okay so I can't express up how much I have missed people adoring us and being scared at the same time" Annabelle exclaims.

"I told you, this year was going to be nothing but fun" I say back.

I look up and straight away meet the gaze of Blaise, as he offers me a cheeky smile.

"I'm going to go mingle" I say back to my friends and I get up. They both look at each other with disapproving looks as they knew exactly who I was going to mingle with.

I walk up to Blaise throwing my arms around his neck, he had a drink in one hand his other hand was holding on to me. His breath already smelt of fire whiskey.

"I have to say I was really impressed on how you pulled this off" he says looking down at my lips, pulling my body closer on to his.

"I was hoping you would be more impressed by how I look" I whisper in his ear pushing up closer on him.

"Murph you are killing me" he says planting a kiss on my neck, "God your hair smells amazing, like strawberries" he says burying his face in it. Hearing that, made me think of Malfoy and how he smelt that in the Amortentia, he did smell me. Blaise looks at me seeing my sudden change of expression.

"I think you need a drink" he says pushing me away. "please don't go anywhere" he says eagerly, and he rushes over to get me a drink.

I haven't gotten drunk before, it made me feel nervous not knowing what to expect, but I wanted the full party experience tonight. I started scanning the room, while I waited for Blaise. I wanted to know if Malfoy was around, he would never miss out on parties before. However, this year he was different, and he didn't seem interested when I heard Pansy telling him about it the other day. I kept searching the crowd and sure enough he wasn't here, where could he be? I thought. I needed to stop wondering and focus on the tall, tan and beautiful man approaching me with a drink.