Chapter 48: The Slave

Draco's POV

The weak messy haired girl didn't answer, she sat stubbornly in silence not lifting her head or brushing those dark locks away from her face.

Voldemort grows impatient and yells out "Crucio!"

She screamed out in agony, revealing her face with a noticeable scar across it. Her screams, the scar, suddenly caused a gut wrenching feeling, I winced at her screams, covering my hears as I hunched forward as though I felt the pain she was feeling. The sounds, the pain it all felt so familiar. My mother quickly came to my side.

"Keep it together" she whispered in my ear

"Good, now we can see that pretty face, and oh my a pretty face indeed" he says sadistically. Everyone grins and eyes her down.

"Now I won't ask again, who are you?" he asks grimly.

The messy haired girl instantly locked eyes with me, suddenly that weird feeling in my gut felt some kind of relief at the sight of her. The look on her face was weird, almost like she knew me, almost like she was desperate to see me.

Disgusting creature of course, however strikingly beautiful, even with the scar, even in her current state, she was beautiful. Staring at her suddenly returned that feeling I would get staring out at my white peacock. What the fuck are you thinking Draco, you can't find someone like her beautiful.

Murph's POV

I stared back at the dark lord himself, everything about him, the smile, the eyes, the skin screamed monster. I stared back at Snape, trying my best to look brave. He remained emotionless as he stared back at me, but his eyes were desperate.

He needed my name, I didn't want to pretend to be anyone else as I stared into the eyes of that monster, besides Margot Murphy no longer existed in this world, she could be anyone I wanted her to be.

I wanted to be the person Dumbledore always believed I was, he saw something in me, he trusted me enough to survive on my own in this world, but now I didn't have anything, no wand, no strength, no Draco. I was going to have to use the only weapon I had on me... myself.

"My name is Margot Murphy" I say firmly

"Now who can tell me how the lovely Margot, came to be in our possession" he says looking around at the table. I looked at Draco's expression, my heart falling into my chest as I saw him, he looked puzzled, almost like he knew he couldn't remember something.

"Well my lord, this student was captured as she was helping us flee from Hogwarts that night" Snape chimes in

"Is that right? How was our little mudblood helping us" Voldemort says with a chuckle.

"Well, she fought off Potter when he tried to stop us from leaving the grounds" Snape explains, causing Voldemort's eyes to widen.

"Is this true? Bellatrix? Draco?" he asks looking at them

"I don't remember..." Draco mumbles.

"Yes, my lord, it is true, she wasn't so bad either, for a disgusting mudblood" Bellatrix growls as she stares back at me intently. The only reason I stood a chance against Harry was because he was obviously holding back.

"Now why would a mudblood help death eaters?" Voldemort asks skeptically. He was intuitive and intelligent, it was going to take some work to be convincing.

"Because I hate what I am" I growl. Catching everyone by surprise.

"It is completely unnatural for a muggle like me to have these abilities, I hated it from the moment I set my 4th grade classroom on fire, I hated it from the moment I was called a freak, I hated it from the moment I received that bloody letter in the mail inviting me to that fucking school!" I say firmly. Everyone shared confused looks at each other, but Voldemort studied me carefully.