Chapter 11: A Different Side To Him

I woke up the next morning after the yule ball feeling happy, happier than I have felt in a long time. Last night almost felt like a dream. After me and Malfoy shared that kiss, we parted ways both knowing that this kiss didn't mean things would change between us, we went back to the ball and joined our dates.

Thank goodness neither one of them noticed we disappeared together. I left Zabini and spent the rest of the night with my friends, dancing, laughing and having an amazing night. I realised having the perfect date did not mean I would have the perfect night, all I needed was my two best friends.

It was Saturday and I got up and got ready, putting on some blue jeans and a blue jumper. i noticed Cherry and Annabelle were still asleep, so I headed off to the great hall without them. When I got in I noticed Cho at the Ravenclaw table, we were good friends, and I couldn't wait to hear about her night with Cedric, sitting next to her and grabbing a plate we began chatting about our nights, obviously I left out the detail about Malfoy.

Cho, was growing to have feelings for Cedric, and she was growing worried about him being in the tournament, as she had heard that the next challenge was being held at the black lake. Hearing this all I could do was worry for Harry, he didn't even want to compete.

"Does harry know about the second challenge" I ask concerningly.

"He will" she replied, "I think Cedric mentioned he would tell him how the golden egg works today."

Feeling uneasy about the tournament I turn around glancing back at the Slytherin table, I meet my favourite pair of grey eyes staring at me. Not sure when he came in, but he was there with his friends. He gave me a small sly smile and looked down.

Draco's POV

I couldn't help but smile seeing her there sitting and talking to that Ravenclaw, it used to infuriate me watching her suck up to the entire school, but now I found it kind of cute, and maybe still a little annoying if I'm being honest. I stared at her for a while, remembering how she looked last night, her long black hair, that green dress that made her look like a real Slytherin princess. I missed the way it felt when I was holding her, my fingers tangled in that hair, that had an intoxicating smell.

I felt conflicted about our kiss, I didn't want her to be my girlfriend, she was so different to me, she cared about things that were stupid and worst of all she was friends with that potter and his friends, I could never be with someone that would stoop down to their level.

No girlfriend of mine could do that, besides she was disrespectful and didn't worship me like the rest, I couldn't have that. but looking at her, I couldn't stop staring and replaying that kiss we had, I realised that chemistry I felt between us was just physical and nothing more.

It has been a month since the ball, things were different between me and Murph we were no longer at each other's throats, however we were still getting on each other nerves, always bickering and making snide digs and comments at each other every chance we got, but that just made things more hot when we would sneak away to make out. We agreed it would be best to keep this a secret and that we didn't want to be anything more. It was fun sneaking around, but it pissed me off when I saw her speaking to other guys, I wish I could pull her away, but I couldn't.

I arrived in the common room late at night after doing some studying in the library feeling frustrated after not being able to retain any information, when I walked in my mood immediately lifted when I saw Murphy sitting at the fire place by herself looking down, no one was around so I approached her.

"waiting for me?" I say with a cheeky smile as I lean towards her on the couch.

"stop im not in the mood" she says coldly holding out her hand defensively.