Chapter 59: Margot

Draco's POV

I begin gathering my clothes and folding them neatly as I pack them into my trunk. I try blocking out the day I had, I couldn't even bring myself to replay the events that had happened in class today,

This was what everyday in Hogwarts felt like, trying to ignore and block out the suffering of my peers, as the Carrow's exacted their sick and cruel teaching methods, almost as a way to break down the souls of each and every student.

As I close my trunk in preparation for heading home for the Easter break, I suddenly realise this is what my life was going to be like forever. I close my eyes for a second and picture her laying down in the grass with me, her messy hair falling on her face as she stared back, the sweet scent embracing me. My mind suddenly feels at ease thinking of that night before the sun rose.

Mother has been writing and keeping me updated on what was happening in the manor in the past few months, more prisoners in and out, more people being tortured for information, Margot would be there to witness it all. I couldn't help but worry about her, knowing there were death eaters staying there, I trust mother would keep them away from her, yet there is only so much she can do.

I find myself suddenly picking up the pace and wanting nothing more than to hurry back to the Manor. To see my mother, to see her. I stopped trying to reason these feelings I had for her, it was no use, as hard as I tried I couldn't understand what it was about her that made me feel this way for a complete stranger, for a muggle born. I didn't need to understand it, I just needed to ignore it.

My thoughts suddenly get interrupted as I see Cherry Chambers and Anabelle Morrison standing at the bottom of the staircase to the common room, eyeing me as I made my way down, they were waiting for me.

"Draco please" Cherry pleads, stopping me in my tracks.

"For fucksake, not this again" I say rubbing eyes in frustration, I push past them when Anabelle grabs my arm.

"Please Draco, there is no death eaters around, we just need to know if she's okay" Anabelle says desperately,

"You don't even need to say anything just blink once for yes and two for no" Cherry pleads

"For the last time I don't know who MURPHY is, I don't understand why you keep asking me" I growl back

"Hilarious Draco" Cherry says dryly,

"The hilarious part is that you would think us death eaters even take the time to learn the name of the people we capture and torment" I say grimly.

"You are disgusting" Anabelle says shaking her head

"To this day I will never understand what she sees in you" Cherry says catching me off guard.

"What did you just say?" I reply back in confusion

"You heard me! We have never approved of your relationship" Cherry barks back.

"With who!?" I reply even more confused, what were they talking about?

"Oh for goodness sake, MURPHY DRACO, MARGOT MURPHY, THE ALLEGED LOVE OF YOUR LIFE" Anabelle shouts, causing everyone to stare. I suddenly drop my suitcase to the ground in shock at the name ... Margot.

"Why are indulging him when he's obviously purposefully playing dumb?" Cherry says to Anabelle

"Because I don't know how to get through to this psychopath anymore" Anabelle yells.

I couldn't even pay attention to them anymore, as everything started to make sense in my head, it was her this whole time. IT WAS HER THIS WHOLE TIME. She was the student everyone was asking about, but why did she lie?