Chapter 60: Easter Break

Draco's POV

I keep my head buried in my pillow as I remain curled up in bed, my body finally stops trembling at the earth-shattering revelation I had come to know two days ago. I had barely left my room or even eaten, let alone looked at my mother.

I feel like I'm losing my grasp on reality yet somehow a sense of relief and closure, as everything finally made sense. It was like finally found the part of me I knew was missing, but I cannot fit it back in and fix what was broken that night.

But what did that mean for us now, those feelings are not enough when she is still a stranger in my eyes, it's not enough when she is a Mudblood enslaved to our family and I am a cowardly Death Eater. But ignoring it only saddened me more; I didn't know it was possible to grieve the loss of a loved one you didn't remember.

I jump out of bed in frustration, holding back tears, as I grab the closest vase and throw it at the wall in frustration, and I fall to my knees as I breakdown. I didn't love her, I knew that, but knowing that I once did, and knowing that she loved me back was tearing me apart because deep down, I didn't think someone could, not like the way she had described.

I hear a knock at the door, waking me up from my insanity.

"FUCK OFF!" I growl, not caring who was on the other side of the door; I had made it clear I needed to be alone to both of them.

Slowly the door creeps open, angering me further.

"I SAID FUCK OFF!" I begin before my father emerges swiftly through the door, cane in hand.

"Get up," he says sternly, causing me to stand up immediately.

"I want to be alone," I say, straightening up.

"So you can continue to feel sorry for yourself," he replies dryly.

"Forgive me if I sound a bit dramatic, but I feel like maybe I'm allowed to, considering my own FUCKING MOTHER erased my memories forever!" I shout sarcastically.

"You will not disrespect your mother!" he orders, silencing me instantly.

"I am here because I can't continue to let yourself break like this," he says sternly.

I let out an exasperated sigh as I stumble back and sit down on my bed.

"You will never understand how I feel; you never have understood," I say as a tear slips down my cheek.

Without missing a beat, he storms over and grabs me into his arms, holding me tight as I sobbed. He never held me in a comforting way ever in my entire life; I wanted to pull away but I couldn't; I held onto him tighter.

"I'm sorry, son, I'm sorry for everything," he says, choking back tears.