Chapter 34: The Jacket

As I leave his office, and make my way to the room of requirement I feel disorientated, almost like I was an on some kind of alien planet, because things no longer were as it seemed, everything I thought I knew, everything I was relying on no longer existed, and now all was left was my task in this war and all I had to rely on was myself, because Dumbledore would no longer be around.

Hearing the reasons behind his choice to do this was shocking, I didn't want to believe it, I wish there was some other way, but after he consoled me I knew it had to be done for the greater good. I felt so alone knowing what I had known, although I did have Snape to trust, because he and I were the only two who knew what was going on, what exactly had to happen if we wanted to win this war.

Which leads me to my task, I had to make sure Draco fixed that cabinet but only at the right time, only when Dumbledore knows exactly how to defeat Voldemort once and for all, this was important as it meant I could help save Draco, his family and Snape's life, I also had to make sure that Harry is completely unaware of the this plan, of Dumbledore choosing to die, and of Snape's loyalties.

This was tricky especially with Harry already suspicious of both Draco and Snape, he was not going to back down, he would try everything to stop both of them first chance he got, I needed to make sure he didn't. Harry had been nothing but good to me our entire friendship, it pained me to keep this from him.

And finally I had to save Draco's soul, I had to make sure Draco is not the one to kill Dumbledore, no matter how scared he was, I need him to hesitate long enough so that Snape is the one to do it, I needed to influence him somehow to. I needed to do all of this while making sure no one knew, not even Draco, we can't risk the Dark lord thinking Draco was not on his side.

I didn't understand at first why Dumbledore needed my help, but slowly I realised that Draco would not trust anyone that easily, but he trusted me, and Dumbledore was relying on that trust. 

This was about to make our relationship far more complicated. However one thing was less complicated, Me and Draco were no longer on opposing sides, we had the same goal, I wish he knew this too, I wish he knew I was committed to helping and saving him.

I stand before the door to the room of requirement, and before I go in I take a deep breath, there is no time to be Scared Murphy, there is not time to feel sad and alone or guilty for keeping this secret, you have a job to do, and you will make sure it is done.

Draco's POV

Where the fuck is she, she said she would be here tonight to help me before we both left tomorrow, she was never late. Why did I bloody care? I have been doing this on my own for 3 months now, I didn't need her. 

Although I suppose after this week, I have been growing used to seeing her every night, I kind of looked forward to coming into this room, which is funny because the thought of this fucking room used to make me sick.

"Ugh get out of my head" I blurt out. Stop letting her distract you, you don't have time to waste tonight, focus! I continue with the spell, when my thoughts get interrupted again with the possibility something happened to her. 

It wasn't a farfetched theory, she was prone to getting involved in dangerous situations, especially being friends with that Potter who continues to involve her in his bloody mess every year. 

What if Pansy had enough and decided to take her revenge? What if some disgusting horny Slytherin cornered her in the dungeons!? My mind began to spiral, purely because it just was not like her to be late.

I stand up and storm straight to the door, when she walks in at the same time, causing us to bump into each. She falls back against the door. Oh no this started to look all too familiar.