Chapter 43: Sectumsempra

I could barely pay attention to my homework, as Cherry Anabelle and I sat in the library studying, all I could think about was those three words muttered by Draco this morning, the cold Slytherin prince finally fell in love with me.

I had told Cherry and Anabelle about this morning in between 1st and 2nd period. They were happy for me, although that emotion was mixed with the slightest amount of concern as usual. They knew what I already did, that the deeper me and Draco got into this, the more dangerous it would be.

It was almost time for dinner, and soon after I had something important to be done, I had to meet Katie at the Hogsmeade train station, and ensure whatever she remembered that day at the three broomsticks did not involve Draco.

I gather my books and bag and begin to leave the library with Cherry and Anabelle, we make our way into the great hall and sit opposite Flint, Theodore and Blaise, soon after Pansy and her gang joined us, we seemed to slowly begin to tolerate each other now. Our group seemed to be growing closer again like fourth year,

"Oh, look Murphy its your man" Theodore teases, I turn around and see Draco making his way to the Slytherin table,

"Shhhhhhh" I hush Theodore, as I quickly look around making sure no one heard that. No one seemed to and him and Flint burst out laughing. Everyone else rolled their eyes.

"Draco!" Flint calls out, "Over here" he says gesturing him over. The only spot free was next to me. Draco looks over with a cold expression, rolls his eyes, walks over and takes a seat next to me.

"So tell us, what exactly is going on between you two?" Theodore teases quietly, everyone in our group turns to us intently to find out.

"Can everyone just mind their own fucking business" Draco growls

"Draco!" I scold, 

"What?" he shrugs

"Be nice" I say firmly.

"The missus has spoken" Blaise mocks, everyone laughs, including me, I turn to look at Draco who no doubt is pissed, except he's not, he is actually slightly smiling, it was a pleasant surprise.

The rest of dinner together was like a dream, for once Draco wasn't pained or moping around by himself, he was actually engaging in friendly banter with his friends, he was actually smiling, not eating in silence with that usual emotionless expression. He almost turned into that cocky spoilt rich kid I knew so well in fourth year.

Our dynamic was also new, only because I was always used to being a couple in secret, but now we were here together, unconsciously behaving as though we were a normal couple hanging out with our friends. It was everything I ever wanted, and I wish it could always be like this.

Under the table, he places his hand on my knee, and squeezes it tight, it was comforting. I subtly turn and meet his gaze, he had that cocky smirk on his face that I missed so much. I couldn't help but smile at him, forgetting where we were, forgetting who might see.

"As much as I hate to admit this, I have missed this, us all together like this" Pansy says reluctantly

"We need to hang out more often, I say we go the hogs head this weekend" Theodore suggests

"I'm in" Anabelle replies. Everyone else agrees too.

"Sounds like fun, let's go" I say to Draco. 

"I can't be bothered with things like that" Draco says dryly. I stare back at him with a sad disappointed look.

He rolls his eyes, "fine, only for 1 hour" he says bitterly. I smile back triumphantly as I flick my hair back, feeling smug.

"You are such a brat" he mumbles