Chapter 7: The Party

I started getting ready for Pansy's party and tried to think of a ways to get my revenge at Malfoy. I found a dress that I had purchased in Paris this summer, it was a strappy short black dress that fell loosely against my curves. It was slightly low cut at the top revealing my cleavage that thankfully filled out over the summer. I let my hair out and had it falling slightly messy around my cheeks. I put on some make up and finished it off with a bright red lip.

"Omg Murph, how is it even possible you look that good" Cherry says with a slightly annoyed but playful tone.

They were both wearing pretty skimpy dresses too, and they looked amazing, I feel a sense of pride in having the hottest friends in Slytherin.

The three of us made our way down to the common rooms, we could hear the music playing loudly and lots of voices, we were late as usual. There was drinks and food set up near the stairs, twinkling lights hanging from the ceiling, and a room filled of Slytherins dancing and drinking.

As we entered the common room everyone stopped and stared as we walked over to where Pansy and they guys were. "Finally, you guys decided to grace us with your presence" Pansy says with a passive aggressive tone.

"you guys look amazing" Millicent exclaimed before getting a deathly glare from Pansy.

Annabelle turns to me and whispers "they don't seem to be the only one who noticed" with a giggle. I turn to follow her gaze and see Malfoy grey eyes staring at me, but not with his usual cold and angry stare. His facial expression had softened, he almost looked distracted. I knew exactly how I was going to get back at him I thought to myself.

Draco's POV

I made my way downstairs for Pansy's party. "Draco over here!" I hear Blaise shouting as he waved me down at the corner of the common room, as I made my way over to him with Crab and Goyle following behind me,

"Crab go get me some butter beer" I demanded.

I walked over and met the guys, "seeing a lot of potential in this room" Blaise says with a cheeky grin.

I smirk back at him looking around, until I see her walk in, that long dark hair messily falling on her face, her confident walk past everyone as they stopped and stared, her red lips, her body in that small dress. I couldn't stop staring, and as much as I hated admitting it, she was attractive. It bothered me how hot and annoying she was at the same time, her smug preppy presence always pissed me off, yet she was making me feel slightly weird tonight seeing her out of her uniform and green headband. She just looked different.

Her big brown eyes finally met mine, and instead of her usual annoyed look, she lips curled slightly into a smile. The girls including Murphy started making their way over to us, I started feeling nervous being approached by her, why did I feel this way all of sudden.

"hey guys, having fun?" Pansy exclaims

Blaise grins back, "you always did know how to put together something decent" he chuckes, I then see him stare at Murphy looking her up and down like a prey.

"Malfoy" Murphy says greeting me with a sly smile, "you clean up good" I couldn't help but notice how she kept staring me down and not meeting the stares of any of the other guys.

I look at her confused "uh thanks I suppose" I scoff, trying to act like I didn't care.

"you know what would be fun" Murphy says with a cheeky smile, "truth of dare" she says looking straight at me.

"what are we kids?" I say taunting back. "trust me we don't play like kids" she says with a wink. Blaise and the rest of the guy's eyes widened and eagerly followed behind them as they sat on sofas around the fireplace.

I sat in between Blaise and Flint "first things first" Pansy says bringing out a flask from her pocket everyone has to take a drink, this is the first time any of us had a alcohol at a party, seeing as most of us were 14 of course.

I look over at Murphy who looked a little worried and unsure, this made me smirk, "what's wrong princess? Scared of a drink?" I scoff at her, making everyone giggle as I took a sip.

She glared back at me after finally reaching out for the flask, "hand it over" she says firmly rolling her eyes. She takes a sip of the fire whiskey and immediately spits it out, coughing at the burning sensation.

"aww poor thing, it's not for everyone" Pansy says with a patronising tone, getting a laugh from her friends.

Murphy sits back in her seat, and a smug look creeps back onto her face "let's just start the game" she says smirking at me, she then leans over to Cherry and whispers something into her ear.

Everyone goes around the circle taking turns at the game, Blaise was dared to dance on the table seductively. Goyle picked truth and had to reveal which guy he would kiss if he had to, which was me for some reason. Pansy was dared to kiss a stranger and Anabelle and flint had to go into the supplies closet for 7 minutes.

Finally, it was Murphy's turn, "Truth or dare Murph?" Cherry asks with a cheeky grin, I was ready to see her embarrass herself, I gave her a dirty smirk. "Princess will obviously pick truth" I say with a chuckle.

Murphy smiles back at me and goes "I think dare"

Cherry then goes "out of all the guys playing with us, you have to kiss the one you want to kiss the most."

For some reason, my heart started beating fast, why did I feel nervous, why did I care who she wanted to kiss. Her red lips curl into a cheeky smile, and she gets up locking her brown eyes with mine. She begins walking over to the other side of the table in between the couches, not leaving my gaze.

Did she want to kiss me? I thought, why, she always looked like she wanted to kill me, but not tonight. Pansy begins looking anxious seeing her stare at me, everyone else turned to look at me too. I didn't know how to react, I wanted to look smug and unbothered, yet I was just stunned.

She approaches me tucking a lock of her dark brown hair behind her ears to move it out of her face, looks down at me biting her lip, she begins bending down, not realising what I was doing I close my eyes and pick my head up expecting and wanting her lips to mean mine.

I feel her breath come closer and closer and I start puckering my lips, she brings her lips to my ears and whispers "you wish" after quickly turning away and pouncing onto Blaise and giving him a deep kiss that caught him off guard, it didn't take him long to kiss her back.

Everyone burst out into laughter at my reaction, at the look of disappointed on face, and worse at the clear sign I had gotten aroused. Embarrassed I get up abruptly and storm back up to my room, I can't believe she humiliated me like that.

Murphy's POV

I did not hate my kiss with Blaise, at all, he knew exactly what he was doing, and it felt good. It got interrupted as Malfoy got up angrily and charged off with a clear boner. Feeling obviously proud that I pulled my little prank off, I got off Blaise I watched Malfoy leave, my smug look slowly began to leave my face as I watched him disappear.

I remembered the way I felt walking over to him, I knew I was never going to kiss him but seeing his grey eyes stare at me longingly just under his blonde fringe, I forgot for just a second, how much I hated him. I was so sure of my hatred towards him until this moment under the twinkling lights and music, seeing his pretty face, I felt somewhat drawn to him.

I started feeling guilty at what I had just done, why did I feel this way? Malfoy gets off on making people's lives miserable, he hated muggle borns and was slowly ruining my life. I shouldn't feel bad for him, but I did.

Feeling suddenly conflicted I storm off back to the girl's dormitory. Laying in bed all I could think about was the way his face looked, the moment he thought I was going to kiss him and the moment he had realised what I had done. I couldn't stop thinking about how good he smelled, the smell of his cologne mixed with mint and green apples almost. I needed to snap out of it, I had won, I had humiliated him, this is what I wanted.