Chapter 40: The bottle of wine

Murphy's POV

I stayed cuddled in bed, sulking over my stupid fight with Malfoy last night, that boy really got on my nerves. Luckily it was Saturday today so I was in no hurry to get out of bed, but I knew I had to eventually, I knew I had to see him eventually, especially later tonight when we have to work on that stupid cabinet.

Recently our work on the cabinet has been uncertain, there was no way of knowing how close or far we were to fixing it, and I could tell Draco was becoming more and more worried by the day, so was I. We just needed to keep going and not give up, I definitely was not ready to give up on that cabinet or him.

This meant that I would have no choice but to be in that room with him tonight and I knew he would be in that quidditch uniform, all sweaty after practice, and it will be even harder to stay mad at him.

"Ugh I hate him" I whine pulling the covers over my head

"What did you guys fight about this time" Cherry asks as she gets dressed

"I don't even remember" I whine, that was a lie, I did remember however I couldn't tell them even if I wanted to.

"The Murph I know wouldn't waste her day in bed moping about a boy, go shower, get dressed and come join us for breakfast" Anabelle demands

"I'm not hungry" I say defiantly

"Fine, we are off then, you better be out of this bed when we get back" Anabelle threatens. I covered my face again with the blanket. I knew I didn't have time to waste today, Katie Bell was to return this week, and I had to get to her before Harry did.

If there was a slightest chance she remembered Draco in that bathroom, it could ruin everything for him and for Dumbledore, however mind erasing spells were very tedious and quite tricky, I needed to find book in the library about it. I had to be extra careful, I couldn't mess with her mind any more than I needed to, it was completely unethical, but it had to be done for the mission at stake.

I got out of bed, got into the shower and got dressed, I put on a black skirt, and grey sweater and tied my hair up. I made my way downstairs to the common room, where I see Blaise reading at the fireplace. He sees me walk down and gets up to approach me.

"Where are you off to today?" he asks

"The library" I say to him

"Want some company?" he asks. Blaise weirdly has a warm calming nature to him; I did feel like being around that today.

"Yes sure, but don't you have quidditch practice today?" I ask.

"No it's cancelled this week" he explains, that means Draco wont be in that uniform tonight, good, at least I will have some self-control, but at the same time I am slightly disappointed.

Suddenly Blaise's eyes glazes over my shoulder as I hear footsteps coming down the stairs, I turn around and see Malfoy walking down, his face pissed off as usual whenever Blaise was around me.

Malfoy sneers at Blaise, and Blaise sneers back. I roll my eyes at their immaturity. I notice he in in his black suit, was he going out?

"Please don't let me interrupt" Draco growls as he pushes past us, making me scoff at his comment, and complete disregard of our fight last night. Blaise notices our cold expressions towards each other

"Trouble in paradise?" Blaise mocks

I roll my eyes playfully at him, I look back at Draco as he leaves, watching his expression before he stepped though the portrait hole, he looked like he was worried.