hurting them and making them cry

Sunghoon

"My love, I'm sorry for being insensitive a while ago. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings,"

You said with a gentle voice,your  arm circling his waist to pull you flush against his chest.

He hugged you back.

The smell of his shampoo filled your nose, reminding you that he must've showered before coming home.

"I'm sorry. I won't try to make any excuses because what I did was wrong but I promise that I will try my best to put you as my priority. I'm so sorry too, my love," he whispered before placing a kiss on your forehead.

You nodded silently, arms clinging around him as if you were afraid that he'll disappear if you let go. "You promise?"

"I promise"

Jake

“i'm sorry okay- it's just you know how my schedules are plain and I'm always busy- I'm sorry you are dating someone like me ”

Jake abruptly turned to face you, his tone getting slightly higher. He was crying and his expression was that of a broken person’s.

His tears weren’t foreign to you, but the way his eyes bore into you as he continued to cry was a sight that you had never seen before.

Your heart pulsated as you watched his shoulders slump while he began to weep even harder.

You scooted your body closer to him and brought the pad of your thumb to his cheek so you could swipe the tear that had fallen down.

Jake’s shaking faltered once you did that and he slowly looked up at you with a crimson nose and big, puffy eyes blanketing his face.

Jay

"Jay! just get out of my face, I don’t want to see him right now” you mutter, loud enough for him to shear, but quiet enough to seem unintentional.

You had regretted it the moment you said it, but you weren't sure how soon you should go back to apologize.

as idiotic as it seemed, she was afraid that going back immediately would just erupt into more fighting, so Jay wanted to give you time to cool down before speaking to him again.

You didn’t even have the time to think about what it would be like if he had suddenly left you or how much you would hate yourself if the end of your relationship was all because of some stupid comment be made in some stupid argument that you couldn’t easily resolve.

Time pass.

The only thing that was on your mind was that you had to stop him and apologize now before it was too late.

Just as he was barely a few feet away from the front door when you rushed  out to grab his arm.

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean anything I said, please don’t leave me” you choked out, trying his best not to let tears spill from his eyes.

"It's okay- y/n. I'm sorry too."

heeseung

"Heesung, please I’m so sorry where are you I need to see you please-”

You start panicking and rambling on the phone to him.

“I’m walking back home, I just needed some fresh air. I’ll be back in five, don’t worry” he responded  with a shaky voice, slowly realizing that him taking a walk gave off the wrong impression.

When you see him walk through the front door,you can see the relief wash over your face and you rush over to him and embrace him, never wanting to let go- his face was painted with dried tears- he had been crying.

I'm sorry.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to brush off the argument and walk away from it. I love you so much and I never want to make it seem like I don’t care about what needs to be said” you hug your boyfriend.

“I love you too y/n, it’s okay I understand. But next time we should sit and talk and not hurt each other like this okay?".

because in all honesty, he did get that there was a need to take a break from the argument, it had just upset him that it seemed one-sided. "Okay. I'm sorry."

the two of them shead to bed, but instead of sleeping, him are both cuddling and honestly talking about the disagreements him had, making compromises with one another and resolving himr problems right then and there
Once that’s over, you fall asleep in his arms.

Tired from staying up so late but you stay up for half an hour more, holding you close to him and thinking about how you never want to feel like you'd lost him again.