out of love

Loving Jake was a euphoric experience. Every moment spent in his affectionate embrace, feeling his warmth, hearing his laughter, and sharing in his jokes, brought you immeasurable joy. Despite his wild nature with others, when it came to you, he revealed his tender side. The adoration shimmered in his eyes each time they met yours, while his open arms enveloped you in a celestial embrace, effortlessly lifting your soul to weightless heights. His words wove a tapestry of affection, interlaced with care, love, and mischievous wit, eliciting an ethereal dance within your heart.

Shaking yourself out of the daydream that had become a constant presence since the beginning of your relationship, you realized the depth of your love for him. You had given you all to the man of your dreams, sacrificing time, effort, and patience just to be by his side. However, that intense love had turned you into a fool.

Who were you kidding? The renowned Jake would never settle down. Who were you to tame such a wild spirit?

How could you consider yourself special when he had a multitude of people under his spell, obedient to his every command? It was time to face the truth—you meant nothing to him.

And so, you made the difficult decision to leave your shared apartment after waiting for him to come home countless times. You had no idea where he was, who he was with, or what he was doing.

You were done living in the illusion of a Jake who would love you wholeheartedly. It simply wasn't going to happen.

After shedding many tears and battling insecurities, you were finally ready to face the world again, to face Jake. He held no grudges in your heart, and your eyes were free of tears. More importantly, a newfound love had oblossomed within your chest—for yourself.

"Damn, Y/N! What happened to you?" one of your friends exclaimed with excitement as you gathered to go to a club on a Friday night.

Work had been hectic, and you all agreed it was time for a well-deserved night out.

"No kidding, you're glowing!" another friend chimed in, playfully slapping your ass as you entered the club. "Let's get wasted tonight!"

And my god, your group certainly did. You danced to your heart's content, ordered rounds of drinks until your inhibitions faded away, and laughed at each other's antics and jokes. It was a night to remember.

"Y/N?" you heard a voice behind you, followed by a gentle grasp on your right wrist.

As you were on the verge of sobriety, you wondered if the image before your eyes was real or just a figment of your imagination. Jake, who usually stood tall and confident, appeared deflated.

Dark circles marred the skin beneath his eyes, evidence of his sleepless nights. The usual playfulness in his demeanor had vanished, replaced by a look of confusion, loss, and loneliness.

"Jake?" you squinted, finding it hard to believe what you were seeing.

"It really is you," he slurred, the scent of liquor on his breath. "How have you been?"

"I've been doing great, Jake. Thanks," you replied, a genuine smile on your face.

"Where's my sweet nickname?" he joked. "You look so damn happy celebrating with your friends tonight, huh? Happy to be rid of me, aren't you?" He chuckled darkly.

His words caught you off guard. What did your enjoyable night have to do with him?

"Jake, not now. I have to go," you tried to excuse yourself from his intrusion.