Chapter 3

I hum a song as I go through my collection of robes

"Prince Plowden!" one of my maids barges into my room.

"Yeah? Is it right to barge in like an idiot?" I scold her.

"I-I am sorry, but, your highness, I have some news for you," she says, breaking into a sweat. I cock my eyebrows in return, asking her to go on. "Just a few minutes ago, Prince Metawin was attacked on the palace grounds!" she breaks the news.

"What? You mean someone tried to hurt him?" I ask in panic.

"No. It doesn't seem that way, but I don't know much. My Queen asked to inform you and to escort you to the stable so you can leave to Euthoria immediately," she breathlessly says.

"What the hell happened..." I mutter to myself. "Okay. Get the horse ready. I will be out." I say, dismissing her.

When I go to the stables, I find my horse all ready for the journey. I pat its back and get on. It blows its nose, so I comb its hair to calm it down. After it has calmed down, I lead it down the path toward the entrance of my palace to start the journey to Kingdom Euthoria, which will take around five minutes.

(🏇🏻-arrives)

The palace gates instantly open upon my arrival, and I straightaway make my horse gallop toward the main building of the palace. I get down and ask a footman to take care of my horse.

Then I quickly walk to Win's room. On my way, I find a lot of maids and workers around, whispering and gossiping. As I walk past them, their gazes fall on me. It seems to rile up the whispers and talks. But I ignore them.

As I walk into the room, my eyes instantly meet with Win, whose sleeping on his bed. And I see the royal doctor talking with the King and Queen, who look as if they've witnessed a ghost. I walk to the bed in confusion. I take a closer look at Win to see if he's doing okay.

"What happened? He looks fine. But everyone looks like the world has turned upside down." I say. The Queen starts shedding tears at my question and looks away. The king doesn't utter a single word, so I look at the doctor for an answer. He hesitates but eventually speaks.

"Prince is only sleeping of exhaustion now... your highness. It usually happens when an omega gets marked," he says.

"W-what? Marked?" I ask.

"Yes, your highness... Prince Metawin got attacked by another alpha this morning... who bit his neck. Which means... Prince is marked by that alpha now. I am here to check his health. Other than that... I am unable to undo what happened." he explains the situation.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"You mean Prince Metawin is marked now? As in, claimed by an alpha?" I ask to make sure. The Queen start crying harder. Her husband tries to calm her down, afraid that she might suffocate from the constant crying.