Chapter 11

Next day

Next day. I pace in my room, and my mind wanders everywhere. After Prince Plowden blabbed shit last night's dinner, my parents didn't say anything. And that itself makes me feel uncomfortable.

But one thing makes me happy, the fact that idiot Prince won't visit us again. He'll be gone for the best and never comes back.

I sigh and sit on my bed. There are still a few things left unsolved. What might happen to me? To the future of the kingdom? And to that commoner? Is he going to spend the rest of his life in prison? Seriously! I will die in guilt.

And... will my parents consider what the idiot Plowden said?! Aaaaah. These incidents are eating me whole!

I hear a knock on the door, and before I ask that person to come in, it opens. And my friend, Joss, comes in. He immediately closes the door behind him and walks toward me, looking worried as ever.

"I've never hated myself this much. I am so damn sorry! I had to go out of the kingdom for some shitty ballroom dance, and when I come back... shit has happened to you." he sighs.

"It's okay, silly-" he walks to me and hugs me hard, squeezing all the oxygen out of my lungs. "Hey, hey. Release me." I say.

"I am sorry! Whatever you say, this is all my fault! I had to leave you... jeez. I can't believe this. And what about the old fossil? Does he know?" he asks in a hurry.

"Yeah... we broke up already," I say.

"W-what? Is it because of that alpha who bit you?" he asks.

"No... actually--" I explain the whole thing to Joss. He listens to me in disbelief and stands up as soon as I am done with it.

"That idiot! I am going to kill him! First, I think we should tell the truth to your parents! And then take revenge! We should let everyone know his dirty plans!" he determinedly says.

"No, no. Don't do that. I am fine. Actually... I think this happened for the best. If that alpha didn't bite me... I wouldn't know Luke's real side. So it's kind of an advantage, you know... though it's not an advantage either. Ugh! I don't know. I am feeling like shit." I groan.

"Shut up. One way or another, I am going to meet that Dickhead of a fossil and give him a piece of my mind. Don't you dare stop me because I won't stop until I take revenge from him!" he says.

"Dude. No. It'll only increase the problems. Just stay silent, okay?" I ask, but Joss doesn't reply. And I know well that he will meet with Prince Plowden soon and start an argument or a fight. Well, I hope it won't go too extreme.

"What are you going to do about that commoner?" Joss asks.

I purse my lips and sigh. I look down at my fingers, knowing very well he might be in the underground cell by now since it is nighttime.

"I don't know... he- he's... as much as I am avoiding it... the truth is that... he-"

"He's your mate," Joss says.