Chapter 27

My relaxing time ends as soon as I return to the palace after visiting Bright's hometown

Arriving at the palace, Bright whines about getting a penalty from his commander for not following the schedule as he has missed one day and straightaway goes for his training sessions.

As he gets busy with his training as a soldier, I engage myself with my work. After getting permission from my father, I hold a court meeting which (surprisingly) all the Dukes attend. I firsthand assumed most wouldn't even bother to be there.

I take the throne that is next to my father's, one step below. My eyes skim over the attendees, and one of the footmen hands me the scrolls that I need for the meeting. I address everyone and say that the purpose of the meeting is to announce that I will nominate myself to be the next king.

Whispers spread in the hall, and I raise my hand to silence them. I speak about my plans and proposals. Then I finally ask who are willing to work with me. Without waiting for their reaction, I take the book, which has all the details regarding their dirty work and throw it in front of them, which lands between us. I stand up and point at the book;

"This book... it has every detail of each one of your secretive works. Scandalous work you've done━with proof." Silence spread in the hall, and I continue, "Tax violations. Raiding houses. Spreading misinformation. Making a fool out of the king. Making a mockery out of the royal family--"

"What do you expect to do with this?" Duke Tawan speaks up. His eyes show no shock or reaction. "If you want to become the next king, keep in mind that you want our support. What can you achieve without us?"

I chuckle, getting murderous thoughts, "Lifetime Sentence. Prisoning. Banishing. Executing. Beheading. I won't hesitate to remove each one of you if you turn out to be a threat to this kingdom! What is uttered right now will lie among us. I will stay silent and give each of you a chance if you agree to work with me. If not..." I shrug and change the topic, "Also, I will be renouncing Knight Jirawat's and Hirunkit's titles and will work on the violated taxes immediately. Anyone who opposes my idea can leave this meeting. Now!"

Around thirteen of them leave, including Duke Tawan. I feel relieved when I see Joss remaining in the hall.

(︶^︶)

After the damn intense meeting, I walk out of the meeting room, and Joss comes running after me. He calls me for attention, 

"Win, I--"

"Thank you for remaining in the hall." I interrupt his words and say.

"That's- aren't you disappointed in me?" he asks with eyes filled with guilt and regret.

"No. Just promise to stay loyal till the end." I smile.

"Damn it, don't say it like that. You are making me emotional. You should be scolding me." he quickly pulls me into a hug. He breaks it apart almost instantly.