Chapter 13

When I arrive at the palace of Euthoria, I go straight to Win's room

When I arrive at the palace of Euthoria, I go straight to Win's room. I barge inside only to see him talking with maid Prim in hushed voices. They stop talking when I arrive, and maid Prim walks out.

"What's that?" I ask regarding their suspicious act

"I am doing something bad," Win admits.

"Oh~ Like what? Are you being naughty~?" I tease.

"Ugh..." Win facepalms. "Get your dirty mind out of here! I am talking about something bad, not naughty. So will you listen to me?" he asks.

"Yeah, of course."

"Wait. Why are you here again?"

"I am here with hot, hot news about Prince Plowden," I say. "You MUST listen to me 'cause you've misunderstood everything! Even I can't believe it!" I exclaim.

"Oh. What happened?" he asks.

"Before that. I want to know the bad thing you are doing. I want to be your partner in crime~" I say with a sinister laugh.

"Okay, but don't make fun of me, okay?" he makes me promise. I do, but not wholeheartedly. If I am not there to make fun of him, who else will have the job? "So... after you talked about Bright that day... I kinda felt worried and sent maid Prim to see if he's doing alright," he says.

"Yeah. And?"

"A-and it- I don't want to! B-but I can't stop worrying over him. And it's all your fault! Ever since you told me how he might be suffering, I've been worried sick, man. I don't want to send Prim downstairs constantly like this. What if someone notices and- and- I--"

I keep my index finger against his lips, stopping him from speaking further. He will only exhaust himself worrying like this.

"What do you feel?" I ask.

"I only met him once. So this isn't some... feelings. I think." he mumbles.

"Then meet him again. Don't suffer yourself like this. Sort out your worries and your emotions. Make it come to an end." I determinedly say.

"O-okay, I will-"

"Let's go downstairs right now!" I say.

"But there are guards! Maid Prim and I are simply out of lies too. I don't know what more lies to say!" he exclaims.

"Leave it to me, love. I will do that for you." I say with a smirk.

"Ugh. There you go again." he sighs.

"Let's go. Let's go!" I usher him out of his room.

"But- what about the Plowden thing? The hot, hot news about Plowden?" he asks.

Oh, shit.

I was going to tell him everything... But listening to him talking about Bright, I know I shouldn't. Because, one, his emotions right now are complicated, I don't want to make them even worse. Two, Plowden's and his relationship is over. Three, it seems like something will happen between Win and this commoner, though it's hardly possible.