Chapter 10

A few days passed since I met the person who marked me, whose name is Bright

A few days passed since I met the person who marked me, whose name is Bright. I tried my best to ignore that I was marked and forget that he existed. But the more I did, the more I remembered it. The more I tried to forget him, the more I remembered that he was in an underground dungeon. Also, as I am wearing a pheromone stopper ring, and he is wearing a similar one, it felt like we are wearing a pair of couple rings...

During that one week, I engaged myself with my duties, mostly taking care of the budgets and checking records of every part of the palace. I did that to engage my mind in the work so I would stop stressing about shit. Plus, the fact Prince Plowden didn't visit was good news too.

But...

During those days, as I walked down the corridors, my eyes always caught a familiar person...

It was Bright. Though I was trying my best to forget about him, he was always there. He was given labour work in the storerooms, where he was assigned to move heavy things. Once, he was moving things in and out of the store room. And he looked pretty worn out. I found myself worrying about him though I tried my best not to be like that.

However, almost three weeks passed like this. I started feeling shittier with every passing day as my parents kept silent about my future and the Kingdom's future. And Bright was locked in the dungeon all this time. They didn't say anything about it either. So I didn't dare to question them.

*~*

I am the first to arrive at the dinner table. I take my usual seat and look at the beautifully arranged food as I am so hungry, craving for food. But since my parents haven't arrived yet, I patiently wait for their arrival. Not because it is a rule, but to show my respect to them. The maids are flocked around as usual, and they are waiting for my order to serve me.

The doors to the dining room open and close. I stand up, assuming it might be my parents. But as I turn in the direction, I see the demon who made fun of my feelings. Prince Plowden. I grit my teeth at his sight and sit without greeting him.

He, too, silently walks to the table and sits right in front of me. I look away and stare at the wine glass on the table. It looks more interesting than him. Who might've designed this wine glass?

"Ignoring me, Prince Metawin?" he asks. I jerk my head to look at him and roll my eyes at his words.

"I heard you went to meet your dear mate. So how was the visit? Is he lovely? Handsome? Did you fall for him? Oh. Obviously, you fell for him. Just like you fell for me." he smiles.

"Shut up." I hiss, slamming my hand on the table. "It's none of your business... Why are you still poking your nose into my life? Get the hell out of this kingdom! Get lost without being a leech!" I express my anger.

He looks at me, shocked. Yeah. Did he think I will hold myself back just because he is an alpha? Just because he is a prince and he is older than me!

"I see. Little Metawin seems a bit angry. But don't worry. I won't bother you from today on. Today will be my last unofficial visit here, and I have a nice farewell gift for you. More like a favour." he winks, resting his chin on the back of his hand.

"I don't want your pathetic gifts," I say.

The doors to the dining room open once again, and this time, my parents arrive. Both Prince Plowden and I stand up to pay respect. They walk toward the table. Father takes the head seat, and mother takes the seat next to him. I smile as my greet and sit down.

"Prince Plowden, it's so nice to have you here." mother exclaims.

Yeah, yeah. So nice because our Kingdom lacks monsters.

"It's nice to have dinner with you too, your highness," he says. Fake ass! "Actually, I came today for a good, valid reason. Today will be my last day of visiting Kingdom Euthoria unofficially... because I realised it is time I actually move on." his voice slowly drops.

I squint my eyes at the cunning creature, waiting for him to complete his shitty act.

"Actually... after Win broke up with me... it hurt me so much. But later, I realised this was meant to happen. I love him, but another alpha had already marked him. So I have a small request to make if it doesn't offend you." he does a trophy-worthy act.

I look at him in disbelief. It's quite hard to understand his behaviour. Just a minute ago, he was being an idiot but now... the fake-ass lovely prince!

"Of course, you may say anything you want. You are my favourite. It's quite sad how things turned out like this... but I am not blaming Win either. He did the best for you." taking his bait, mother says. I quickly smile when she looks at me. "What is it you want to request?" she asks Prince Plowden.

"May I?" Prince Plowden asks my father, too, which makes me want to roll my eyes, but I stop myself from doing so.

"Of course. Go on." my father says with a smile.

Why on earth do they adore him this much!?

"Actually... it might sound absurd, but I thought about it for days... It's really heartbreaking, but I might say. I think, your highness, you should consider having that guy who bit Prince Metawin as your son-in-law." he drops the bomb, secretly smiling at me.

My mouth drops open as I try to oppose his words. But father raises his hand at me, his full attention on Prince Plowden.

"What makes you say something like that, Prince?" my father asks him.

"I am sorry if I offended you, but I am saying this because he's Win's mate right now. Who knows, Win might have even developed feelings for that commoner by now because of the mate bond."

"W-what?! I haven't!" I shriek.

"Continue." my father says to Prince Plowden, ignoring my words.

"I think this idea is the best for all of us. Imagine Win getting married to another person one day. Do you have any idea how the rumours will go around? They will criticise Win because he already has a soulmate. And they will take that commoner's side, not Prince's side. Plus, according to our beliefs, aren't we supposed to be with the person we claim? Or have claimed?" he asks.

"No. This- this is different!" I yell. I stand up and slam my hands on the table. "And you have no right to decide my future--"

"Metawin, stop!" father raises his voice at me. "Remain on your seat," he orders. I slowly nod and sit again, but Prince Plowden's smile puts hay into the fire of anger in my heart.

"And most of all... I think Prince faced it for being careless outside his room," he adds more and more bullshit to the incident.

"I wasn't being careless!" I defend myself. "It just happened out of nowhere. He came to me like another ordinary person, but the next thing I knew, he bit me hard." I try to defend myself, but my words sounded useless against his Oscar-worthy act.

My parents don't say anything. They look at me and at Prince Plowden, who has been their favourite for a while now. And I feel afraid they might agree with him.

🥺✨vote. comment. follow.

-Sunshine👑