Chapter 7

"I- I know it's unfortunate, but we can be like before! This is just a mark-" I try to explain, reaching out to him, but Luke slaps my hands away, his eyes burning in rage

"I- I know it's unfortunate, but we can be like before! This is just a mark-" I try to explain, reaching out to him, but Luke slaps my hands away, his eyes burning in rage. I've never seen him like this before. Isn't this all because of that commoner...

"How do you expect me to be with you when another alpha has claimed you? Are you dumb or something? You are a marked person now! I can't simply ignore that fact and be with you!" he explains.

The tone of his voice he used for me hurt me. I can't believe it.

"I am sorry if I said something wrong, but this can't be undone! That's why I am saying this." I exclaim, tears threatening to leave my eyes.

"Well, what happened, happened, didn't it? And I won't have to pretend anymore," he says.

"What pretend?" I ask in confusion.

"That I am in love with you. That I care for you." he sighs. "It wasn't hard at all to pursue you and get you to fall for me. You were too easy. Do you think I love you? I loved you? You? You might be insane to think that. I did all that for the marriage, which I had to do for the sake of drawing Euthoria's territory to mine!" he completes.

"W-what are you saying?"

"Still don't get it? Let me say once more. I don't love you, Win. I never did and will never do. I only pretended so our arranged marriage would successfully happen and I will be able to be the ruler of both the kingdoms! ...and my plan was to have a second marriage with my girlfriend. And all that carefully planned plans went in vain because you were too stupid! Too weak to even protect yourself!"

He goes on, "Do you think I believe the fact that someone bit your neck and claimed you out of nowhere? No shit! Now since all this is crashed and done, we can part ways. You can stay in the underground cellar with that mate of yours-"

I slap him across his face as he says the last few words. I don't know what came to me, but every word he uttered felt like pins against my heart. It throbs inside, warning me to explode if he speaks another word. It's like my whole world crashed in front of me.

All this time, he said he liked me, and the times he hugged me, the times he brought me numerous gifts and flattered the hell out of me, the times he made me blush, the times he promised a good future and promised to take good care of my Kingdom and me... all those were lies.

"You heartless rotting steak! How can you say those things to me!? You are lying, aren't you? You weren't like this before!" I let out all my collected feelings as I continuously hit his chest in rage. But he holds my hands quickly.

"I wasn't lying, Win. You seriously ruined my perfect plan... but on the other hand, I won't have to marry you now." he pushes me away as he says those words.

And my mind starts repeating the words he told me.

For the next hour, I find myself on the floor, hopelessly breathing for my life, and the cruel Prince is gone.