Chapter 33

I look down at Bright with wide eyes

I look down at Bright with wide eyes. He drops his sword and keeps his palms on the ground.

"I know I have... ruined all the plans and put many lives at stake. I admit I am at fault, and I will take all responsibility. I believe there's still a chance- a chance we can get help and mend this. I will- gladly leave if it means Prince's life won't be in danger." he says.

"What the hell are you saying?!" I ask Bright who's a shithead! I get down in front of him and shake him by his shoulders. I want to bring him back to his senses and say that he won't leave me, no matter what. "Come back to your damn senses, idiot!"

Father leaves amid all that, and tears stream down Bright's eyes.

"I just- realised I've a-always been the reason for all this, y-your highness." he pulls me into a hug and cries out. I've never seen him that way that I feel my heart quenching at the sight, and I embrace him.

"Are you giving up on me?" I ask.

I feel him shake his head.

"Then don't leave. Stay and take responsibility like a man. Stay by my side and fight to save me from this mess. Okay?" I ask.

"But-"

"If you want to leave the palace without me. You won't go alive." I break the hug and look at him. He stares back with teary eyes, and I gently wipe his tears. "I will imprison you. You are still my prisoner. You are still a man who did a damn irresponsible thing, and people still identify you as a pervert." I chuckle. "So you are stuck with me."

"I am sorry for everything."

"I know you are. And that's enough. We can overcome this mess. And... honestly." I lean close. "I am happy things turned out this way. Luke isn't the person I love. It's you. And I haven't truly loved him. You made me realise what true love is. So I don't blame you even a bit for anything though my father's words are true. I don't blame you at all. Instead, I want to take this critical moment to say that I really love you. And I want you in my life for more time."

"More time? Your highness loves me? Am I hearing things?"

"Maybe~ So you are stuck with me till we die. Haven't you heard? Lovers who love each other till death love each other forever. So get ready to be tormented by my love." I peck his lips.

Bright hugs me tightly again and caresses my hair.

"I can't believe when I thought the whole world was against me. You are by my side. I love you more and more. And I don't regret it right now... I am glad I marked you that day." he admits, breaking the hug.

"I am glad we crossed paths too." I caress his cheeks. "Ready to catch the bad guys?"

"So ready."

~.~

The next three days have become so busy for everyone. I asked my father to let me handle the official meeting as I didn't want him to be in danger. I lied to him, saying that there won't be any hustle during the meeting. I knew something ought to happen, and I was so ready for it.

Dew and Nani worked extra hard and trained two groups. Bright was in group number one, to be placed around the meeting hall so they could come inside in any critical situation. Since swords or guards weren't allowed in the meeting hall, I was to take care of myself. I was okay with that though Bright tried to convince me that he would hide behind the curtains for my safety. Silly one.

Then the second group was put around the gates of the palace to check if any suspicious acts would happen.

I made a blueprint of a plan to gather the royal army in case anything happens. I asked Nani to place a set of archers ready by on first-floor balconies and asked him to secure an area of the palace to place my parents and female crew for safety. I also asked him to prepare two stunts for my parents to fool the enemy army.

As all was ready, I was ready to face the meeting too.

I wear my usual dark blue attire and put on my headwear which is made of silver. Then I take the small knife that is on my bed and carefully tuck it in my right boot. Just then, the doors open, and Joss comes in. I quickly compose myself as I don't want anyone to know that I am sneaking a weapon into the meeting room.

"Any news?" I ask him.

"Nothing at all. Things seem normal." he gives me a thumbs up. "Are you worried?"

"More than worried about my parents. I don't want bloodshed."

"You know that as long as there's a kingdom, bloodshed ought to happen."

"But a good leader will try his best to keep the peace."

"I'll look forward to that good leader. Which will be you." he winks.

"Oh, shut up. Don't try to flatter me. I won't get caught. You can leave now. I'll be there in a few minutes." I shoo him out of my room. As he's gone, I walk toward my mirror and stand in front of it.

I take a deep breath to myself and look at my crown. It brings me memories.

I can remember how I got crowned as the Prince when I was around ten. But this isn't the crown a Crowned Prince gets. I never got Crowned as the Crowned Prince. So it has always been this silver crown that holds no power.

Still, I know I am responsible for protecting the throne at all costs. It is better to die protecting the throne than live without doing anything. Every royal is born with that responsibility. They are tied to the throne to cherish it, to protect and respect it.

And today, I am not sure whether there will be an attack or not. Be it or not, I swear to myself that I will protect it no matter what. I won't be able to save everyone's lives, and everyone who dies will get my immense respect. And I will cease every enemy with my own hands.

The doors open once again, and Bright peeks in. He smiles when he sees me.

"It's time," he says.

"Is everything in order?" I ask him as I walk out of my room. Prim quickly holds my hand and stops me. "Yeah?" I ask her.

"I know things are supposed to go down way today. And I hope nothing goes wrong. Either way, I won't stay back hiding, but I will come to your highness's rescue. Just know that your highness will one day surely become a great king, so don't you dare die." she gives me a sweet threat.

"Sure. I will promise that I won't die then." I chuckle and flick her forehead, making her face go red at the stinging pain. "Don't you dare die too. Because I won't let you die in peace."

"It's the same for your highness." she smiles.

Bright and I walk down the corridor with some guards following us. He responds to my question, "Everything's in place, your highness. No need to worry."

Yeah. There's no need to worry.

Tension🥲

-Sunshine👑