Chapter 37

I take quick breaths as I sit on a step and keep my sword aside

I take quick breaths as I sit on a step and keep my sword aside. I clasp my hands together and stretch upwards to relieve the pain after practising sword art with Bright for the third time this week.

I lean on the wall and look up at the sky. The clouds move faster as it is windy today. I take a deep breath and feel the fresh wind running through my nostrils. A peaceful palace is the best. And it feels rather strange to have this much peace after what happened two months ago.

It took me one week to wake up after being assaulted by Tawan. When I did, I had no physical strength, and my whole lower half was purple. Still, the scar hasn't left. When I heard that we'd won, I couldn't be happier. My father asked me to take some rest, and he dealt with punishing the ones who were responsible for the treason. Well... almost all were killed by us. But still, their families got executed. Then the alive ones got imprisoned, including Joss.

And my father worked on selecting new noblemen and appointing them as royal officials. He did it very carefully, careful enough not to select tons of backstabbers. I was glad about that.

What changed during the two months was I got more respect from the officials. News had spread that I worked hard and managed the whole treason without involving my father in it. So I felt rather important in the palace after a long time. Still, my father didn't speak to me about what would happen to the throne in the future. Whether it would be mine or someone else's.

"My Prince. Come on. You've got to practice a bit more." Bright calls me from the middle, and I glare at him.

"No!" I stubbornly say. "You tire me a lot."

"Well, I can tire you even more." he winks.

I open my mouth to reply but stop when I get what he actually means.

"Says the one who can't even go past two rounds." I sassily say, making Bright shove his sword to the sandy ground.

"Really?" he asks with a teasing look.

"Yeah. My alpha is so weak. You've got to play hard with this Prince. Alright?" I say with a proud voice.

Bright bites his lower lip in a challenging manner, and he walks over to me. His eyes scream, 'I won't let you get away from me'. But our little play ends when Prim walks over with a tray full of refreshments.

We turn in her direction.

"It's snack time," she announces.

"Yay. Prim, you are the best. Come here, come here. I am so thirsty." I say, holding my hands toward her.

"I know. Your highness can't get enough of me." she flips her long hair while keeping the tray beside me. She sits next to the tray and pours me some refreshing drink. Bright sits on the other side, and I give him some sweet snacks, which he denies.