Chapter 6

Next Day

The silence in my room remains as it is

The silence in my room remains as it is. No one dares to speak a word, but their gazes linger on me. I clench and unclench my hands in order to not to freak out, but it seems in vain.

The doors open, and my mother arrives in a hurry. She sees that I am awake and smiles softly. She walks to my bed as I look at her through my tired eyes, silently asking how on earth she's smiling when I am like this.

"I am happy you are okay. You were unconscious for one day, but it turns out you were only sleeping in exhaustion." she soothingly says, trying to caress my hair, but I slap it away, much to everyone's surprise.

"Don't act all sweet like everything's in order. Nothing is right." I say.

"I-I know, sweetheart. But be grateful for your good health. We can slowly talk about this." she assures.

"What did Prince Plowden say? Does he know that I got marked by an astray?" I ask. Mother sadly nods, and I look away. The worse has happened. What might Prince be thinking now? But I am sure he will punish the guy who marked me and be with me even though I am marked because he loves me.

"Is there a way to undo this mark?" I ask.

"There isn't, baby. But don't you worry, your father and I have everything under control. That alpha will receive the punishments he deserves. We've locked him up already. So without worrying, you should rest a bit more." she says.

After she soothes me a little, she leaves, leaving me alone with a few maids.

"Can you stay outside, please?" I ask the maids. They all nod and leave my room, making me feel better since no one's around me. As soon as I am alone, the unfamiliar feeling of being stuck haunts me. It's like, now that I am marked by someone who isn't Luke, being marked by a commoner, a total stranger... I feel like the world's making fun of me. I have no idea what more is waiting for me.

And why the hell did that person bite me out of nowhere?

I slowly bring my hand to my neck and touch the area where the mark might be lying. It slightly stings but thinking someone else's mark is lying on my neck hurts even more. I get down from my bed and walk to the mirror. Then I look at my reflection. I walk closer and turn my head, just enough so the mark is visible to my eyes.

And I see it.

I am really marked... not by the person I love. But someone else.

I walk to the door and open it. The maids outside get alert and look at me.

"What may I help you with, my Prince?" one asks.

"Did Prince Plowden come today?" I ask, feeling bitter as I call his name. He might be feeling so sad. I know. If he were an omega and got marked by a stranger, I would feel like shit too. But despite being marked, I won't stop loving him... which, he'll do the same with me.

"He didn't come today, but yesterday he came to visit you, Prince. But... he was mad," she says.

"Mad?" I ask.

"Mad about the.. t-the person who did t-this. And a little commotion happened." she nervously looks down. I nod understanding and sigh.

"Can you- send him a message? Ask him to come or should I go... No, tell him that I want to meet him." I say.

The maid leaves for the task. And I go back inside, closing the door behind me. I take a seat on the long wooden bench by the window and roughly pull at my hair in frustration. Even I am surprised at how calm I am. Maybe I am expecting this incident to be considered a small one. But inside, I am a bit worried.

It made me remember that the guy who bit me is now in an underground cellar. He might be getting beaten every passing hour, which I couldn't care less about. He deserves that for marking me like this. He might've done this to get some sort of wealth from the royal family... or what else? He and I don't even know each other. The person who should mark me is Prince Plowden, whose my lover, not another.

With my thoughts, unknowingly, I fall asleep on the bench. But I wake up when I hear someone calling my name.

"Win. Wake up." it's a familiar voice.

I open my eyes and see Luke standing before me, his hand on my shoulder as he shook me awake. My eyes open wide, and I quickly stand up.

"Uh.. you came." I stutter, feeling extremely guilty.

"And you seem to be okay." he squints his eyes at me.

"I- I am. I- umm..." I have no idea what to say.

"You don't have anything to say?" he asks, emphasising the word anything. I bite my lower lip and look aside.

"I-I don't know what to say. I don't even know what happened." I finally look up at him. His eyes don't speak of anything. His expression doesn't say anything, either. I have no idea what he might be thinking about. "I only got marked b-by a random person, and I hate him for that. Because I don't even know who he is. So we can consider this a small incident, right?" I ask, silently asking him to say yes.

He doesn't say anything but purses his lips in return and steps back.

"Answer me, Luke. I know I am already marked, but I don't like that person. Hell, I don't even know who he is! He's just a peasant! Just a commoner and- and that's plain disgusting. This wasn't meant to happen. You think so, too, right? We can continue with our relationship. I heard you were mad yesterday, but... yes, you can do anything to that person and- we can be the same... right?" I ask the same thing repeatedly.

"You think so?" he asks in a tone which I find unfamiliar to his usual, gentle one.

"Y-yeah. Because I love you, and I don't want to be with anyone but you. We can forget all about this. We can get married just like planned." I walk close and take his hands. I feel much better after talking with him about what happened. And I look at his eyes.

"Are you freaking insane to think I want to be with you after this?" his voice comes out venomous that I almost think it is another person.

🥺💗Me, a Luke Lover

-Sunshine👑