Chapter five

Grace pushed open the door of the shower house, looking around as she called out. ''Newt? Are you alright? You've been in here for a while.'' 

''Yeah, in here. Can you pass me a towel? I forgot it outside.'' Her cheeks heat up as she grabbed the towel, turning her head away from the shower. ''Okay, you can grab it now.'' She could hear the door opening before a chuckle from Newt. 

''Are you laughing at me right now?'' 

''Yes, you look ridiculous watching the wall like that.''

''Well I'm sorry for giving you privacy.'' He chuckled again as he suddenly grabbed her from behind dragging her under the shower. ''No, Newt!'' She spun herself around, her cheeks quickly heating up as her hands were placed on his chest, a lump forming in her throat as he pulled her into a kiss, holding her by her waist as her arms sneaked behind his neck, her hands playing with the hairs in his neck. 

''Newt, you're practically naked.'' She said in between the kisses as she pulled back. ''I'm happy to make out with you after you're dressed.'' 

''What's the difference?'' 

''That I won't be scared that towel will drop and reveal what's under it.'' He chuckled as he brushed her hair out of her face. ''Alright, I'll get dressed.''

''Thank you.'' He gave her a last peck as she walked out of the shower house, coming across Minho as he whistled.  ''Shut up, nothing happened. We just made out a bit.'' 

''Yeah ... I don't buy it.'' 

''Then don't, I don't care.'' She patted him on the shoulder as she quickly retreaded, ''you should shower, you're sweaty.'' 

''Says you, you're all red.'' Her blush grew even more as she groaned, speeding away from the showers. 

''No!'' Grace shouted as she held out her hand in front of her. ''Nononono, get that thing away from me!'' Minho smirked as he stepped closer to her, a spider in his hand that he'd caught around the Maze. ''Oh come on Grace, it's just a small spider.'' 

''Get that thing away from me, I'm not kidding Minho!'' 

''He can't even do anything!'' He stepped closer again as she stepped away yet again. ''Minho, I swear, if you take one more step - '' He suddenly sped towards her, the girl quickly running towards the kitchens as she tried to get away from the Asian boy. ''I will put a shucking Beetle Blade in your hammock tonight, I swear!'' 

''Such language from a girl like you.'' She sped into the kitchens, hiding behind Nick as he stopped in his tracks. ''Wow, wow, wow!'' Minho stopped in his tracks as Nick frowned. ''What's going on here?'' 

''He has a spider!'' 

''You're such a girl.'' Minho crouched down, letting the creature walk away as Grace jumped up to a table. ''I am a girl, you Shank!'' When the spider was no longer visible Nick helped her down as she glared at Minho before hitting him in the gut. ''Jeez, Shank! Auch!'' 

''Okay, okay, break it up you two.'' He turned to Grace as he pointed at her. ''Don't you have a shift?'' Than turned to Minho. ''And aren't you supposed to be running?''

''Jeff has my shift.''

''I already did, including mapping.'' 

Nick groaned as Grace gave a soft chuckle, raising her shoulders. ''I'll go help in the gardens.''

''Are you sure? There's more spiders there!'' 

''Do you want me to hit you again?'' 

''Grace, go.'' She sighed as she left the kitchens, making her way to the gardens when Minho suddenly shouted. ''Spider!'' She jumped up, looking around frantically as he doubled over in laughter. ''Yeah, laugh, just wait for the Beetle Blade in your hammock.'' 

When diner arrived that night, Newt was walking in with the new Greenie as Grace sat at their usual table, already chatting with the other boys as she and the other two MedJacks seemed to be in an argument. 

''Because spiders are scary, what creature has eight legs and six eyes?'' Grace asked as she turned to Jeff, a challenging look on his face as Jeff nodded.

''I agree with Grace.''

''You're afraid of spiders?''

''Well, the big one's, the small ones are harmless.''

''But this one was not small. And they are not harmless.'' The Leader and Second-in-command just sat there while Minho was doubled over his food, laughing at the argument. ''Nick, tell them how big it was.''

''Do not get me involved.''

''Too late, already did, tell them.'' 

''Okay, enough you three.'' A smile instantly appeared on Grace's face as she turned to see Newt behind her. ''So, Greenie, this is Minho, Alby, Nick, who you know, and our three Medjacks, Clint, Jeff and Grace.'' 

''Nice to meet you all.'' All of them could see his eyes were trained on Grace, Alby nodding at the boy as Newt seemed to notice too, his jealousy quickly growing as he pushed himself between Grace and Jeff, pulling her into a kiss. ''What was that for?'' He shrugged as the Greenie stood in his place, shock written over it before Nick nodded to Frypan. ''Go get some food Greenie.'' 

''Huh? h, yeah, thanks.''

''See you tonight Greenie.'' 

''What's tonight?''

''You'll see.'' 

The bonfire was already in swing when the torches were lit, the Keepers standing around the big pile alongside some other Gladers. ''Light it up!'' The cheering began as some began to chant the word 'Gladers' all over again, meeting up with their friends as the jars of Gally's secret recipe were lifted into the air. 

Grace stood with the other two Medjacks as they pushed their jars together. ''To the Gladers!'' All three of them shot the glasses in an one-go as other Gladers around them patted them on their shoulders. ''Hey, at least one of you has to stay sober!'' 

''Yeah, it's my turn!'' Grace called over as she waved towards Nick, who was walking with the Greenie as Newt showed up behind her, pushing his arms around her waist. ''You guys take turns of who stays sober?'' Grace nodded as she turned her head to him, pecking his lips. ''Yeah, it's only fair.'' 

''Hm, so I guess I'll stay sober than too.''

''Please, drunk Newt is awful.'' He fake gasped as he let go of her. ''You did not just say that.''

''I did, cause it's true.'' 

''Why am I awful when I'm drunk?''

''Last time you tried to do a backflip next to the bonfire, your shirt caught on fire and I was the one who had to douse it.'' She crossed her arms over her chest as he looked at her, a frown on his face as he turned to Clint and Jeff. ''I did that?''

''Yup.'' 

''Alright then, no more of this.'' He quickly pushed his jar into Minho's hand, who had joined them as he laughed. ''Awh, I wanted to see that again.'' 

''Yeah, in your dreams Runner-boy.''

Just a filler chapter for today but I absolutely love filler chapters as they really show the personalities of the Gladers and their friendship so I hope you do too! If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated! See you on Saturday!

-X Violet's-library