Chapter nine

''Good plan, Thomas. Just hear what the man has to say. Really working out for us.'' The Gladers were strung up by their feet over a large pit, all hanging down.

''Shut up, Minho. You're the one who challenged him'' Grace answered as she felt herself spin around. 

''Maybe I can reach the rope.'' Thomas tried to get his arms up to the rope, just like Minho did, but neither of them had any success. ''Enjoying the view?''

''What the hell do you want?'' Minho asked as Jorge pointed at him with a cane. ''That is the question. My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that.'' He end of the cane clasped in his hand. ''Something tells me that you're not either.''

''Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?'' 

''Both.'' Grace answered again, fed up with Minho's attitude. 

''Tell me what you know about the Right Arm.'' Jorge spoke to Thomas as he pointed the cane right at him, almost hitting him in the face as Newt spoke, his accent more obvious now that the blood was rushing to his head. ''I thought you said they were ghosts.''

''I happen to believe in ghosts.'' Grace rolled her eyes at him, did he really need to beat Minho up for this klunk? ''Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves.'' Jorge walked over to the lever holding the ropes on their feet, grabbing onto it. ''You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal.''

''We don't know much.'' Thomas spoke truthfully before Jorge pulled the lever, making all Gladers fall down an inch or so, making them yell in surprise.

''Okay! Okay, all right.'' He yelled out as Grace silently thanked him. ''They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked WICKED. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know.'' Jorge became silent as he walked away from the lever as Barkley walked into the room.

''Yo, Jorge. What's going on?''

''Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now.''

''Hey, wait. You're not gonna help us?'' Thomas asked as Jorge started to walk away.

''Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong.'' He walked away as he called after himself. ''Hang tight.''

''Minho, ready?'' Thomas asked as he got ready to push Teresa towards him, hoping that she could grab onto the lever. ''Yeah.'' He grabbed onto Teresa as Thomas swung her towards him. ''Gotcha. Okay. One, two, here we go.''

''Ready?''

''Three.'' He pushed the girl towards the lever, the girl missing it with a few inches as the Gladers groaned.

They tried again two more times as Newt called out. ''Come on Minho, push her harder.'' Minho steadied himself with help from Thomas as he took Teresa's waist. ''Okay, this is it. One, two, three.'' He pushed her again, this time, the girl could grab onto the bar in front of the lever.

They cheered as Teresa turned herself around. ''Teresa hurry.'' She pulled on the lever, making them fall down again. ''You good?'' Newt questioned as Grace shot him a thumbs up.

Teresa got herself out before helping Thomas, who was closest to the edge. Together, they helped the others again. ''I'm coming Grace, hang on.'' Thomas pulled her onto the edge, helping her untie the rope around her feet before moving onto the next person. They could hear a Berk outside, Janson's voice loudly around them.

''You find yourselves, through no fault of your own... in possession of WICKED property. B Return them to us unharmed and we'll consider this a simple misunderstanding. Or you can resist and every last one of you will die. It won't be long before the Flare wipes out the rest of us. The hope of a cure lies in your hands. The choice is yours.''

They were finally all on the edge, ready to run when Barkley stood in their way with a gun in his hand. ''We're not trying to cause any trouble, okay? We just got to get out of here.'' Thomas spoke with his hands up.

''Is that so?'' He pulled out a walkie talkie, ''Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down. Don't shoot us.'' He looked back at the teens, the gun still in his hands as Thomas lowered his hands. ''Come on. Let's go. I said let's go.'' Thomas charged at him, failing miserably as the man pointed the gun at them again. ''You little bastard!'' A gunshot ran out and all Gladers looked at each other before the man fell to the ground, the girl with the pixie cut behind him with a gun of her own. ''Okay. Come on. Come on! Let's go'' They followed her quickly, Newt holding onto Grace's hand tightly as they ran through the building.

She frowned when music began to play, but Brenda called out to them to keep running as they ended in front of Jorge again. ''Brenda! Hurry! We don't have much time!'' Oh, so Brenda was her name, good to know. ''Let's go, let's go, let's go! Right this way!'' He threw open a window as Grace stared at him. ''You're kidding ... right?'' 

''Plan B, hermano. You kids wanna get to the Right Arm? I'll lead you to them.'' He pointed his finger at Thomas. ''But you're gonna owe me.'' He pulled out a sling on a cable card, leaping out of the window. ''Follow me!''

Minho didn't hesitate, following the man on the cable card before Grace sped forward, turning to Newt as he nodded. She jumped out, the wind blowing her hair out of the way as she heard a next Glader behind her. She jumped of, Minho catching the girl as she watched the next Glader. Newt's hair and clothes stood out now, the boy letting go as both Grace and Minho steadied him, his limp making it more troublesome. 

She watched Frypan and Aris come down too. Than, Teresa followed, no Thomas or Brenda. ''She said she forgot something, Thomas went after her.'' Teresa spoke just before the song ended, blowing the entire building up.

''So, what's the plan now?'' Minho asked with his arms crossed, looking directly at Jorge. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated! See you on Saturday!

-X Violet's-library