Chapter six

They quickly crossed the street as Gally held out his hands to boost them up a small wall. ''All right, Newt, you're up.'' He helped Newt up before helping Grace up, grunting as she pulled herself up with her arms. She looked around with a glimpse of paranoia as Gally walked forward. ''Don't worry, no-one comes up here anymore. You're safe''

''Why not?''

''You'll see.''

''Way to be vague ... '' Thomas nodded at Grace as they walked behind the boy, the more they walked, the more came into view. The road they had been walking on was a broken off bridge.

He rubbed his hands together before leaning on his knees, ''alright, make some room boys and girl.'' He ran past them, leaping from the bridge and onto a ledge on the opposite side. Grace stared at the two boys next to her, eyes wide as Gally yelled at them. ''You're up! Let's go!''

''He's kidding ... right?'' Grace looked at the two boys as they didn't say a word. Thomas just huffed as he shook his head, turning to Newt who had his eyes closed. Grace realized immediately and walked over to him, grabbing onto his hands, whispering so Thomas couldn't hear them. ''You're alright, okay? You're no longer in the Maze.'' The boy opened his eyes, looking directly into her eyes as she nodded. ''You can do this, I'll be on the other side to catch you, alright?'' He nodded as she pulled him in for a sweet, fast kiss before she broke into a sprint, jumping off the ledge as Gally caught her, steadying the girl. ''Thanks.''

''Good jump.'' He turned to the other two boys, looking directly at Newt. ''Is he going to do it?'' He turned back to Grace. ''After jumping off the- '' 

''He's got it.'' She scooted over to one side, ready to catch the boys when they jumped. Two other bodies appeared, both screaming and their limbs trying to stabilize them as they hit the ledge, Grace quickly holding Newt by his lower back. ''Okay.'' Gally coughed once as he looked at the three. ''Let's go.'' 

They ran on the ledge before Gally ducked into a building, climbing up the stairs as the other three followed. ''There it is. If WICKED's got Minho, that's where they'll be keeping him.''

''Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years.'' Gally spoke as he was setting up a telescope, looking directly at the building that was on the opposite side of them. ''Place is crawling with soldiers. Surveillance everywhere.'' He pulled back from the telescope. ''Scanners at every entrance and floor.''

''Sounds like a bloody fortress.''

''Yeah, I thought you said you had a way in.'' Thomas agreed with Newt. ''I might.'' Gally spoke as he turned to the brown haired boy. ''What do you mean, you might?'' He looked at the boy as he continued. ''Gally, you said you could get us in there, okay? We're following your lead here, we're trusting you, we didn't have to do that.''

''Yeah, let's get a few things straight first. Otherwise, there's no way to getting any further.'' Gally starred in front of him, playing with his hands as he seemed to get nervous. ''Look, I know what I did, okay? I may not remember, but I know.'' He turned to look at Grace and Newt who stood on one side of him, before turning to Thomas. ''I see Chuck's face, everytime I close my eyes.'' He turned to Grace.

''I can still see you running towards him, trying to save him. Listen, we don't have to be friends.'' He turned back to Thomas again. ''And I'm not asking for anyone's forgiveness. I'm asking that we put it behind us, because we want the same thing.'' Grace nodded at his words as Newt placed his hand on her lower back, a smile on his face that she returned. ''And after this, we go our separate ways, but until then. None of this works unless we trust each other.'' Newt and Grace looked at Thomas as he finally nodded. ''Okay.''

''So, the way in?'' Grace questioned as Gally pointed at the telescope. ''Take a look.'' Thomas went in, looking through the device into the building before pulling back. ''I said I had a way in, I didn't say you were gonna like it.'' 

The group arrived back at Lawrence's place, the place already quiet and the rest of their group sleeping. ''You made it back.'' Lawrence's voice filled the emptiness, walking towards the group of four Gladers. Gally nodded. ''Yeah, uhm,'' he turned to the three behind him, Grace holding onto Newt's waist. ''Why don't you guys go and get some rest, we'll get together for the plan tomorrow morning.'' He pointed at a hallway. ''Bedrooms are down there, your group is probably there too.'' 

Lawrence nodded as Grace and Newt followed Thomas towards the bedrooms. Grace was thankful to be able to sleep again. She guided Newt to one of the bedrooms, her mind racing as she saw him getting undressed, ready to get into the bed. 

She automatically turned around, her fingers stopping at the hem of her shirt. It had been so long since the two of them shared a bed, the last time was at the WICKED facility. Now, she became conscious of her body and the scars it held. ''Grace?'' His voice rang out, snapping her out of her thoughts.

A pair of warm arms wrapped around her, his head resting on her shoulder as small, soft sobs left her body. ''Shh, shh, it's alright, I'm here.'' She quickly turned herself around, holding the boy close as she tried to hold her sobs back. 

His hand rubbed her back in a comforting manner, letting her cry onto his shoulder. She finally pulled back, her eyes landing on his bare arm as her eyes grew wide. ''Newt ... '' He frowned for a moment, looking down to his arm. The look on his face confirmed he only now knew. ''I just ... I thought I just landed wrong ... '' She had grabbed onto his arm, inspecting it as she remembered Winston. ''I don't want to tell the others yet ... Minho comes first.'' 

She gave a soft nod, grabbing onto his hands. ''It's going be to okay, you hear me? I'm not losing you, when we get Minho, we get the serum and help you.''

''Grace ... we both know that it doesn't help forever.''

''Then we get hundreds of them, if I know how to make them, I can.'' She waved her hands through his hair. ''I will make them, from my blood, Thomas, Minho, Gally even. We're all immune, I won't lose you.'' 

''Grace ... ''

''I won't.'' She spoke with a stern voice, her eyes set in determination. ''Okay ... okay.'' She smiled as she felt her feet guiding them towards the mattress on the floor, falling down on it as she traced patterns on his back, the boy leaning above her. ''If this is the last time we're going to be together - ''

''It's not.'' She interrupted him, a small smirk tugging on her lips. ''But I do want to.'' He leaned back for a moment, his breath stuck in his throat. ''Are ... are you sure?'' 

''I love you, Newt, I couldn't be more sure of it.'' He smiled, pulling her into a kiss as she began to remove her clothing, his kisses moving down her body. 

Yes, you were robbed, deal with it. I am awful with that kind of stuff and kinda uncomfortable with it so you can just imagine what happened. And our poor babies ... Newt is infected with the Flare and Grace is so hopeful. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post! See you on Saturday!

-X Violet's-library