Chapter three

''Come on, come on.'' Grace crawled out of the vent before Newt, helping the boy with getting out of the vents before the others came through. ''Okay, let's go.''

''You guys go ahead.'' Aris spoke as he stood in front of the vent. ''There's something I gotta do.''

''What are you talking about?''

''Trust me, it's important. You guys wanna get outta here, right? Just go.'' He started to crawl back in as Winston held his hand up. ''i'll go with him.'' Thomas nodded, ''Okay, Winston, go! Go!'' as the two got in before the other six Gladers ran the other way. ''Come on.''

''You sure we can trust this kid?'' Minho yelled towards Thomas. ''You don't want to know where we'd be without him.'' He rounded a corner as he gave a quick ''ah, ah!'' All of them stopped as they stared at a woman in a lab coat, who was silent before looking at them. ''What are you kids doing out?'' As if she'd triggered it, the alarm went off and the woman just stared at the kids as Thomas grabbed her arms. ''Get us to our friend.''

The woman began to lead them through the building, Thomas and Newt at the front, then Minho and Grace, then Frypan and Jack.

When they rounded a corner, Grace could hear the shouts as Newt pushed them back. ''Freeze! Stay where you are!'' Shots were fired as they ran back in the other direction. ''Why are they shooting at us?''

''I've spotted them! - They're in L-3!'' Grace noticed Minho stopping next to her, Thomas calling our for him. ''Minho! What the hell are you doing?'' The boy sprinted forward. ''Minho!''

Minho jumped right into the guy, knocking him into the wall as he hit his head, sliding to the floor unconscious as the others caught up. ''Shit, Minho.'' Grace chuckled nervously at him as Thomas took the gun from the guard, looking at the former Keeper of the Runners as he nodded. ''Okay. Let's go. Come on.''

They continued through the building, ending in front of a door as Thomas pushed the doctor forward so only she would be visible. ''Dr. Crawford, are you here to..'' Thomas pushed her in, the gun in his hands as Grace, Minho, Newt, Frypan and Jack followed. ''Wait, wait. Okay, okay.''

''Where is she? Where is she!'' Thomas pointed the gun at them as Grace rushed to the sheet hung up, pulling it open and seeing the girl. Thomas passed the gun to Minho as he pointed it at the doctors. ''Get over! Get down!''

''Okay, hands, give me your hands!'' Newt ordered as some did while others didn't. ''Give me your hands!'' He ordered again as he tied them up with torn up bed sheets laying around, Minho pointing the gun at them while Grace grabbed Teresa's shoes from besides her, throwing them to Thomas as he helped the girl into her shoes. ''You're never gonna get away with this.''

''Guys? They're coming! Where do we go?'' Frypan called out as he looked through the small, glass window as Grace and Newt looked at each other before settling on a metal table that they pushed over. ''Frypan! Move!'' Newt called out as the two pushed it forward, barricading the door. ''Get back! Get back!'' Minho pulled her behind him as the door was opened with a small gap, the Asian boy pointing the gun at the gap. ''They've got the door barricaded. Send backup!''

''Okay, we gotta get outta here!'' Minho yelled as Grace looked around, there was no other way in or out. ''Where do we go?'' Grace turned towards Newt and Frypan as she heard Thomas behind her. ''Newt! Help, help!'' Newt too grabbed a stool, standing in front of the glass wall as he and Thomas looked at each other. ''Ready?'' They both nodded as they charged forward, avoiding the broken glass as they ducked away.

 ''Ready?'' They both nodded as they charged forward, avoiding the broken glass as they ducked away