Chapter seven

Grace sat next to Gally's sleeping posture four days later, wiping a towel over his head to get rid of the sweat covering it. She yawned loudly, it had to be past 1 am judging by the sky of the Glade. She had the evening shift to watch Gally after being stung and Jeff would take over at 5 am. 

She had to keep herself awake as she tried to keep herself busy, almost wishing she wouldn't have organised everything so she could have done that right now. She quickly turned herself around when the door softly opened, Minho behind it, peeking around the corner. ''What are you doing here?'' He shrugged as he looked at Gally. ''I couldn't sleep, figured I'd come to bother you.'' 

She chuckled as she sat down next to him, letting her head fall on his shoulder as he smiled at her. ''Thank you for keeping me company Minho.'' He chuckled as he ruffled her hair. ''Yeah, you're not too bad She-bean.'' 

She gasped as she turned to the boy. ''You're never this nice to me, I should keep watch over Gally more often.'' He smiled as he punched her softly on the arm, ''no, cause this is the only time I'm coming over, I just couldn't sleep.'' 

Grace looked up, a bit curious as she turned to Minho. ''Why couldn't you sleep?''

''No reason, just couldn't.'' She could tell there was a reason for it, but if Minho didn't want to talk about it, she wouldn't pester him about it. 

When 5 am finally hit, Jeff came over, frowning at the sight of Minho sleeping in the chair. ''What is Minho doing here?''

''He couldn't sleep so came to keep me company, must have dozed off during the night.'' She yawned as Jeff chuckled, patting her on the shoulder. ''Go get some sleep, I've got it from here.'' She nodded in thanks, glancing at Minho before deciding to let him sleep until Jeff woke him up. She arrived at the hammocks, seeing Newt still sound asleep as she tiptoed next to him, the boy softly groaning. 

''Hey, sorry, didn't mean to wake you.'' Instead of saying anything he just opened his arms, making room for her to sleep next to him. ''Nick will have our head.''

''I don't care, come here.'' She chuckled at his raspy voice, dry from the soft snoring as she laid down next to him, crawling into his side as he kissed the top of her hair, pulling her closer to him as she finally fell asleep. 

She woke up hours later, alone in the hammock, turning herself around as she curled up for a few more minutes before getting up. Judging by the stand of the sun, it was around lunch time and so, she went up to the kitchens. 

''Morning Grace!''

''Hi Zart, Newt in the kitchens already?''

''Yeah, just left so you could catch up to him.''

''Thanks!'' 

She jogged the rest of the way to the kitchens, seeing the usual group, except for Jeff, who was still watching Gally, around the table. After greeting Frypan and grabbing a plate, she sat down in between Nick and Newt. 

''How's he doing?''

''Not too bad, he has a fever and mumbling, but that's about it.'' She spoke as she took a bite out of her sandwich. ''I think he'll make it.'' Clint reached over from behind Nick, patting her on the back. ''Good job.''

''Thanks.''

Newt had gotten the day off as the work in the Gardens was practically done for the day. So, Grace and himself decided to spend the day together at the lake. Since the creators had never sent up any bathing suits, Newt was simply in his shorts while Grace was in shorts and a sports bra. 

Grace was already swimming when Newt came up to her, his limp obvious as his leg was fully bare. She dumped herself under water, making herself look away from his leg before coming back up and swimming to the edge of the lake, letting her arms rest on the grass around it.  extending her arms to help Newt into the lake, supporting his bad leg. ''Okay, one, two, three!'' She helped him in, holding him under his arms, holding him above the water.

The two had done so before, because of his bad leg, Newt had trouble with swimming and so, Grace always supported him to stay above the water. After half an hour or so, the two of them were laying on the grass, letting the sun dry them of as Newt turned his head, a small smile on his face as he looked at Grace.

''Hey, Grace?''

''Yeah?'' 

''I think I love you.'' Her breath got stuck in her throat for a moment, it was the first time either of them said it. That was before a smile broke through, pulling him in for a kiss, her hand resting on his cheek as his rested in her neck. ''I think I love you too.'' She spoke between the kisses, the boy chuckling as he pulled her on top of him, his hands roaming over her body before she pulled back. ''Actually, I'm pretty sure I love you.''

''I'm pretty sure I love you too.'' She chuckled, pecking his lips again before the two of them spent the rest of their time talking and enjoying each others company. 

''Grace!? Grace!?'' Grace and Newt both looked up, Grace calling out to Jeff as he finally spotted her. ''There you are! I've been looking for you!''

''What's up?''

''Gally's awake.'' 

Grace, Jeff and Newt sped towards the Medjack hut, seeing Clint, Alby and Nick all standing around the boy, Clint helping him drink water from one of the jars. Nick had turned to Alby, asking him to collect all Keepers for a Gathering as he turned to the three behind them. ''Jeff, Grace, Clint, can you guys take it from here?''

''We've got it.'' Clint answered for them, the other two Medjacks nodding as Nick glanced at Newt and Grace. ''Newt, go get dressed. Grace you -''

''I have a shirt here.'' She spoke as she pointed to one of the boxes, the leader nodding as Newt pecked her cheek before wishing her good luck and leaving the hut. 

The three Medjacks tried to make Gally as comfortable as they could, helping him with drinking water and downing a set of painkillers while trying to figure out what happened to him during the Changing. 

We are almost going into the plot of the book/movies and I cannot wait! I think it'll be one or two more chapters and then we'll get into the actual plot! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated! See you on Saturday!

-X Violet's-library