Chapter twelve

Grace sat down next to Newt, the boy sitting with Minho and Frypan. She held out her hand, a frown coming from Newt's face. ''Newt, I know that look. Your leg is killing you.'' He looked up, a small smile on his face as he swallowed the two pain killers, pecking her lips after as he thanked her. 

Thomas joined them after, Newt had his arm around Grace's waist, her head on his shoulder as he stared down to the camp. ''I wish Alby could've seen all this.''

''And Winston.'' Frypan added.

Grace looked up as she breathed out. ''And Jeff.'' 

''And Chuck.'' Thomas spoke as Newt adjusted Grace on his shoulder. ''He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy.'' Thomas nodded. ''Yeah.'' Frypan looked down, seeing Aris talk to Harriet and Sonya.

''Hey, Aris!'' The boy turned to them, waving at them with a smile. ''Hey, guys!''

''I kinda like that kid.''

''Yeah. I still don't trust him, though.'' Minho answered Frypan with a small smile. ''Hey, where's Teresa?'' Thomas questioned, noticing their fellow Glader wasn't with them. ''She went up there.'' Newt pointed behind them, looking at the cliff where Teresa's silhouette was visible. 

Grace looked after Thomas as she chuckled, making the boys look at her. ''He's so smitten, he's worse than Newt and I were the first month.'' The boys started to laugh along with her as Newt pecked her lips. 

The four of them talked about the Glade, the people they'd lost, the people they missed. Even Gally came up in the conversation, even though it was quickly shut of by Minho, who seemed to still feel guilty about killing the boy.

The sound of a Berg pulled their attention as the lights stood out in the dark evening. They all turned to one another, quickly getting up from their spot as the Berg started bombing the camp. The four of them rushed down the cliff where they were sitting, running over towards Vince and Harriet, avoiding the WICKED guards that were surrounding them.

They hid behind several barrels, looking between the three. ''Where's Thomas!?''

''Harriet! Ammo!''

''Vince! Harriet!'' The four of them rushed to them, hiding behind the truck where they were standing. ''How can we help?'' Frypan yelled over to the, Harriet passing a gun towards him. ''You need to cover us!''

''ammo! Hey!'' Vince held a shotgun in front of Minho, looking at the teenage boy. ''Do you know how to use this thing?'' He nodded as he took the gun from his hands while Newt and Grace each took another gun. ''Cover me! This fifty's our only chance!'' Grace put the scope of the sniper she held to her eye, hitting a WICKED guard in the back as she shot him. The four Gladers and Harriet sat around the truck where Vince was trying to get the ammo into the fifty.

Grace was surprised at how well the four Gladers adapted to their guns, easily shooting around them as if they had done so before. ''Vince, hurry up! There's too many of them!'' Newt called out as Grace shot a guard that tried to shoot Newt.

''I'm out!'' Frypan called out as he turned to Vince. ''Oh look out!'' A ball was thrown into the truck, exploding and hitting all six of them with electricity.

Grace fell forward, her body jerking in all directions as she bit on her tongue in pain. Guards approached them and grabbed them by their arms, dragging them towards the other people who had been caught. She was shoved in between Newt and Harriet as she saw Sonya, Aris, Mary and Vince all caught too. The only one's she didn't see were Thomas, Brenda and Jorge.

A guard came up to them, shoving their heads forward and reading their tattoo's. ''B5, B1'' Grace tilted her head, seeing Sonya and Aris as another guard began with Minho. ''A7,'' then walking over to Newt, ''A5'' In the meantime, the other guard had passed both Frypan and Harriet. ''A3, B3.'' Than, the guard shoved her head forward, ''A14.''