Epilogue

The explosion never came, Jorge and Brenda driving into the camp as they drove over a helicopter, pushing it of the cliff. Grace laughed as she pulled away from Newt's chest, a smile on her face as she turned to the others. 

Newt pushed Grace to the ground, covering her from the pieces of plane and car flying over them. She saw Ava Paige being led away as Grace got onto her knees. Thomas yelled something as he threw the bomb towards WICKED guards, letting it explode as Vince rushed to the 50 gun. 

Newt pulled her to her feet, the girl grabbing a handgun of one of the WICKED guards, shooting a guard sneaking up behind Newt. ''Newt! Go!'' He nodded as he ran off, Minho pushing the boy towards Frypan as Thomas sped past them. ''Minho, let's go! Get out of here!'' Grace turned around, looking if all of her friends were safe when she felt a sudden pain in het body, falling forward as electricity hit her body. She jerked as she heard Newt and Thomas call out for both her and Minho, the Asian boy next to her, as they were held back by Vince and Jorge. 

''Grace! Grace!''

''Minho!''

''Grace! Let go of me! Grace!'' 

The two adults pulled the boys away as their friends and girlfriend were being dragged onto the Berg, still dizzy from the impact, her eyes set on her boyfriend as she was pulled away.

Newt sat with his head in his hands after the night had passed, tears in his eyes as Frypan rubbed his back, trying to comfort the Brit. ''What do we do now?''

''Well, we pick up what's left of us.'' Vince spoke as Newt finally lifted his head. ''We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the safe haven. Then we start over, I guess.''

''I'm not going with you.'' Thomas spoke immediately, drawing attention from his friends. ''What?''

''I made a promise to Minho and Grace. I wouldn't leave them behind. I have to go after them.'' Newt rose to his feet, a glimpse of hope in his eyes as Vince gestured around them. ''Hey, kid, look around you. All right? WICKED just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed.''

'' I'm not asking anyone to come with me.''

''Thomas, listen to me. I've known Minho for... Well, as long as I can remember. And Grace ... I'm not going anywhere without her. So, if there was any way that we could help them ... trust me, I would be up there standing next to you. This, what you're talking about... is impossible.'' Newt spoke, wanting to hear his plan. 

''More like suicide.'' Jorge spoke as he and Brenda stood with them, a small smirk on his face.

''Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now. It's not just about them. It's about all of us. It's about everyone WICKED's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige.''

''I have to admit... I'd like some revenge.'' Harriet spoke from besides Vince, knowing her friends were taken too. ''Well, that's a good speech, kid. So, what's your plan?''

Let's go into the last book! I am stoked and I hope you guys are too! If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated! See you on Saturday!

-X Violet's-library