The safe house

The room was still and quiet, everything held still as if frozen in time. Even the doors on their rusty hinges not dare make a sound as Patch glided through them. He stopped holding the groceries in his hands, eyeing me up. He left the room without a word as he strode towards the kitchen to start making dinner, tacos.

I could heard cabinets opening and closing and pots and pans clanking together as Patch got to work, leaving me all alone in the sitting room. I could hear my deep breaths as I tried to get my heart rate down to normal, all I could hear was SCOTTS BACK...HE'S COMING FOR YOU, the words keep rotating around my head like a fish in its bowl.

What was I going to do? If Scott was back that meant I was in danger, Scott was supposed to be dead and I had no doubt that devilcraft was to blame for it. But how could that be? I thought I destroyed devilcraft years ago but obviously someone had some to hide. I was scared of what this meant for me and Patch, not just the fighting but our future. Patch hadn't looked at me once since my break down in the car park and I was starting to get the feeling his offer to help me was just an empty promise.

As if Patch had heard my thoughts he entered the room again holding two plates of food. He held one out to me then sat on the couch next to me. We sat in silence for several long seconds, eating our way through our meals, when Patch placed his plate on the coffee table and turned to face me.
"If Scott is coming for you I need to keep a close watch on you," Patch said so matter of faculty. "You will have to stay here," he said with a glint mischief in his eyes "my mom will kill me if I just stay here with you, you know that," I say, trying to hide my smile. "Does it really matter what your mom thinks?" Questioned Patch, a smile tugging the corner of his lips "I can't just come and stay here a few days, weeks or however long when I go home my mom may jump for joy thinking we've broken up," I laugh but my laugh sounds empty.

Patches face suddenly lit up but his tone had gone serious "I've been wanting to ask you for a while, move in with me," my heart stopped and my knees shook, WHAT! Me and Patch living together would be like a dream, waking up every morning next to him... Would just be brilliant.

"Angel," Patch said snapping me from my dreams "what do you say?" He asked again with a cheeky grin spreading across his face. "Doubt my mom would agree to this," I push, not wanting to get my hopes up "we'll worry about her later but is that a yes?" He questioned "yes, I'll move in with you," I squeal placing my plate on the floor and throwing myself into Patches arms "I love you so much," he whispered "and I will never let you go."

Patch and I spent the rest of the night rearrange his house for my stuff and between breaks and kisses we were planning how we were going to tell my mom.