Angels hurt too

I woke up to a dead heavy weight of my chest that instantly had me in panic mode until I realised Patch had fallen asleep with his head on my bare stomach. Images of last night came flashing back to me, did I? Did he? I took a quick look under the covers to confirm, yes we were both naked.

It was 5:30am and I scanned the room for any signs to what had woken me at such an early hour. But all I was able to come up with was that maybe the light bleeding through the slightly open curtains had woken me. I didn't want to wake Patch up but I wanted Patch awake.

I ran my fingers through his raven black hair while sending him images of last night into his head, he started to stir then swiftly sat up, releasing the weight off my chest. "What a lovely way to wake me up," Patch said yawning and rubbing his eyes "but I can think of nicer ways." He kissed me on my forehead, brushing hair out of my eyes "still not regretting last night?" Questioned Patch, slightly nervous. "No, I'd do it again in a heartbeat," Patch gave me a cheeky smile "well, we could..." I put my finger up to his lips. "Nice try, come on we have to get up,"
"It's 5:30am!" Patch exclaimed pointing at the clock. "Yes! We have to be ready in 1 hour," I laughed "I have something more fun we could be doing," Patch said raising his eyebrow at me. I laughed throwing a cushion at his head, then stealing the blanket to rap around my naked body, leaving Patch on the bed. "Really, Angel?" He snigger as I made a swift walk to the bathroom.

By the time I was washed, dressed and clothed Patch had still made no move to get ready apart from picking the blanket up from the floor and rapping it around his waist. He laid on the bed arms outstretched and hair a sleepy mess, his eyes were a daze as he stared at the ceiling. He didn't move till I had sat on the edge of the bed. "Scott will find you," a thuggish voice said out of Patch's mouth. I turned to look at him but his almost black eyes were completely blue, devil craft. "Get out of his body NOW!" I said forcefully, never losing eye contact with the creature that now possessed Patch. Ignoring my question the strange voice said "he has the power whereas you have none, he's giving you one last chance to join him," him being Scott I guessed. I was about to reply when Patch's voice cut through, his breaths coming fast "don't join them, I see what they really want, get out, Angel, go get George!" I was sure I wasn't leaving him "part of that deal was that you left Patch alone," I growled. At that point Patch's body jerked off the bed and reached its hands out around my neck. "Well I'll guess I'll have to kill you then if you won't accept," it laughed, I suddenly realised why it hand taken Patch's body because it knew I'd never hurt him. "That's okay," I said Patch's hands still on my neck. One large hot tear made its way down my face as I struggled for breath. The tear finally reached my chin and started to roll on to Patch's hand, he stopped squeezing. The blue fading from his eyes, his half naked body slumped to the floor with a THUD, taking me down with him.

Patch shuddered to life breathing hard, like me, searching the room for any signs of danger. His eyes finally landed on me, he gasped leaning out to rap me in his arms. "I'm so sorry Angel, I'm so sorry," he said franticly "I tried to break through sooner but I couldn't is your neck okay? I'm so sorry." I looked up in to Patch's eyes to see them glassy with tears he didn't want to fall "it's okay, I'm fine, I know you would never really hurt me," I said trying to clam him. "I wouldn't ever hurt you," he agreed seriously with a tear rolling down his face he quickly wiped away.
I kissed him once on the lips before raping my arms around his neck "when you said you tried to stop what was it like?" I questioned "it was like I was a prisoner in my own body. I was aware of everything but in control of nothing but when your tear hit my hand I felt it, like really felt it, it gave me the strength to get Scott's minion out my body." His grip tighten on me "do you think Scott knows where we are now?"
"No, I think that creature could fined my body but I don't think it had the power or the knowledge to figure out our location." I pressed my head into Patch's chest "it will be fine Angel, we should be ready in a few weeks and then we get Scott here," I nodded against his chest "okay."

"We still have to get ready and I don't think the boys would appreciate it if you turned up in only our bed sheets," I laughed trying to lighten the mood. "No but you would," Patch's eyes scrunched up at the sides with humour. "you don't have to fight Julie," Patch said "but I do," and with a knowing look Patch said no more. "Patch?"
"Yes,"
"You said you saw what Scott really wants, what was is?"
His features had almost made their way back to normal but my question sent a flash of fear across his face. "May I touch your wing scars?" I asked trying to get through to him, reaching out my hand "I don't want you to have to see that, Angel." Patch whispered placing my hand back down by my side. "What does he want?" I repeated, Patch took in a ragged breath, shaking his head "world destruction, a place where Nephilim and devil craft roam free without having to hide from humans or get sucked into the strong feelings that they always carry." I look at Patch knowing this wasn't the end of it "but there's only Scott and I are the only Nephilim left, it's possible there are some others but..."
"Angel, please just let me finish," Patch pleaded "he wants you, he think he loves you but he doesn't know the difference between wanting and loving , because I love you so much but Scott wants you." He finished running a hand through his hair "why does he want me?" I asked nervously, he didn't answer "why!" I said raising my voice "for the love of God! He needs to repopulate Nephilim and you fit the bill! He wants you to be his queen in this dark new world!" I started to shake, my vision starting to blur, Patch put his hands on my shoulders "I...I... Ca-n't do it," I stammered. "Angel stop. We are only given the life's we think we can handle, know this is your chance to prove yourself ." His eyes were completely still on mine "now pull yourself together," I flinched at Patch's harsh tone but all I could see in his eyes was worry so I let it slide. "Come on we better get dressed," I said feeling choked up.