The pretty flower

NORA's POV
I woke up in a large rectangular room,  there were windows in the sloping walls which seemed to join at a point. There were lights on the walls that only dimly lit the room, obviously this room hadn't been made for someone to live in. I laid on a blow up bed on the floor with a number of different pieces of fabric covering me, I scanned the large  room to find two other blow up beds with stuff thrown over them. "Princess?" I jumped at the sound of Mark's voice, he laid a hand on my shoulder calming me down "it's okay you're in the loft of Patch's house, everyone else is down stairs. Brendon hasn't had his medication so we had to lock him in the basement and Patch has gone off somewhere," Mark was paying close attention to my reaction, seeing what he should say next. "We have to go after Patch," I stood up from the bed and made my way to the door, my legs wobbled and the world span beneath my feet. I felt strong warm arms wrap around me "wow princess, just calm it down and come sit with me."

Mark and I made our way back to the bed, we both laid at the top of the bed, Mark's feet dangling off the other end. We were silent for several long minuets before I spoke (Patch would of been disappointed, you never speak first.)
"What do you mean 'Brendon's medication?" I asked Mark, he tensed beside me "well with every good thing comes a bad right?" Mark started, I nodded "so with Brendon's ability to manipulate the body there's a big disadvantage," Mark ran his hand through his hair, obviously not comfortable with what he was about to tell me. "With out his medication his thoughts become stronger," Mark saw my puzzled look "for example if he were to like someone, without his medication that thought would be overpowered and turned to love," like me, I thought, and by the look on Mark's face so did he. "or if he were to dislike a person that thought would be overpowered and made into a thought of violence towards that person. But there is medication that can stop these thoughts but no all of us have got that medication. Basically what I'm trying to say is I've known him a long time, he's not a bad guy."

My head hurt it was full of too many things, if Patch was okay, where was he, Brendon, Mark ,Julie! Mark seeing the distressed look on my face put an arm over my shoulder "what's your bad thing?" I asked, I saw something change in his eyes, disgust. "Do you really want to know?" I nodded "I control water but when I get angry or mad I drown people in their own fluids. I have no control over it I just have to watch." A shiny tear dropped from Mark's face, I went to brush it off but it hit the wall on the other side of the room, I looked back at Mark "sorry," he said weakly.

"Why are you suddenly being so nice to me?" I asked, Mark was funny, sarcastic but not caring "believe it or not I think your pretty special and you'll do great things but you need a pillow to cry on that isn't always Patch," he said "thank you," I smiled and the lights faded out.

PATCH's POV

I sat at a bar stool in the crappy pub down the way drinking myself stupid, angry at myself and haunted by the look on Nora's face when Mark carried her out. I took a ship of my whisky it burned as it made its way down my throat, but the pain helped. "What can I get you sweet cheeks?" Asked the waitress who was showing too much breast and had too much make up on to be pretty "beer," I grunted, hoping she would leave it at that, she waited a second for an invitation to join me but I wasn't going to give her one, even this drunk. She brought me my beer then went off to entertain some other lonesome man. Mark's words kept going round my head "you said you'd never hurt her so why are you doing it now," I started to head home I had given people enough time to worry about me. But when Nora sees me she will be mad as I am well and truly pissed.

NORA's POV

I woke up in my own bed, the soft covers laid on me, weighing me down. The covers were cold, I rolled over to snuggle into Patch but he wasn't  there, I checked the alarm clock on the side table, 4:30am where was he? As I went to roll out of bed when my door opened and Patch stumbled in, smelling of smoke and alcohol. Despite that I ran over to him jumping into his arms, in his drunken state he fell to the floor taking me with him. I crashed my lips against his and kissed him deeply, I was so relieved he was okay. I pulled away "Patch I'm so glad you're okay, I'm so sorry," I laid my head against his chest "you have nothing to be sorry for," he slurred. "You're so beautiful like... Like a pretty flower," Patch said, I knew this shouldn't of been funny but I couldn't help but laugh at my drunk boyfriend. "Why is there an elephant in the coroner of the room," asked Patch, I laughed it off and helped Patch into bed and to my pleasure undress.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I whispered, I'd talk to him more when he was sober. I laid my head on his chest and started to fall asleep "fuck," Patch said and I looked up at him in question "we are not- we are not shining stars," his comment was so random it took me by surprise "this I know, I never said we are," Patch grumbled and closed his eyes. I laid listening to his heart beat breathing him in and hoping he would wake up sober in the morning,  especially for Brendon's shake.