Time to wake up

Nora

By the time I was up Patch was already ready and sat in a chair by the bed watching me sleep "what time is it?" I asked squinting as the sun scorched my eyes "11," Patch said simply. I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth and sort out my hair, lucky for me I slept in my usual cloths. I sat down on the bed and put my shoes on "why didn't you wake me?" I asked Patch while I struggled to tie my shoes because of the speed I was going at. "I thought you might like to sleep," Patch said simply, I could tell this was still about last night because I didn't kiss him back.

I let out a frustrated sound as I unsuccessfully manage to tie my shoe laces again "please let me," Patch said, I was suddenly annoyed with him all over again "no I've got it." I felt awful for ruining the night in this lovely hotel room Patch had spent a lot on but my bad mood won over.

Patch was just checking out when a rather attractive boy walked up to me "hi," he smiled, his smile filled me with warmth "hi," I said. "I'm Meyer," he said "I'm Nora," his smile was contagious plus I was annoyed at Patch so I hoped he was looking, low hit, I know but still. "I just wanted to say that you're very pretty," I could feel myself blushing "thank you." Meyer suddenly looked worried; he coughed "do you know that there is a guy staring at us like he's going to kill me?" I turned to see a very angry Patch looking at us "oh don't mind him," I said turning to look back at Meyer "he's just my over protective brother," I was starting to feel a bit petty now. "Wait he's coming over here," Meyer looked well and truly scared, "hi there sis," Patch said, damn immortal super hearing! "You've got a very pretty sister," I could see Patch was trying really hard not to hit him. "Why thank you but if you'd stop staring at my sister's breast that would be much appreciated, that's my job," Patch gave Meyer a bitter smile. "Um...um I've got to go," Meyers said looking freaked out and embarrassed, he pretty much ran for the door.

I looked up at Patch "I know you're upset with me but this isn't the way to do it," I could tell Patch was disappointed in me "I'm sorry," I said feeling stupid "no, you have a right to be I just don't think trying to get me to kill someone is the right way to show me you're angry," Patch gave me a side smile.