Sophia's pov

I woke up at six like any normal weekday to get to Honey's so that I could open at eight. Honey's is the boutique that I work at. It's a humble job that keeps me on my feet and I thoroughly enjoy it on most days.
Today is not one of those days, not because I have to wake up at six, which I don't mind whatsoever but because my favorite tea is gone and I forgot to get it at the store the other day. And I hate coffee. It's always had a weird taste to me and I've always loved a good green tea with honey. So I dragged myself out the door earlier than usual to head out to a local cafe to grab a drink to keep me going throughout the day.
I get dressed in one of my cutest outfits to make myself feel better. Which is a crop top paired with jeans and a cute black jacket in case I get cold.Since fall is starting. And I paired the outfit with black chunky boots.

I took the elevator down to my apartment complex and called the nearest Taxi

I took the elevator down to my apartment complex and called the nearest Taxi. Since living in New York you can always find one. After a delightful conversation with probably the top 10 weirdest person I have met so far I see my destination. And that's kinda hard to beat. But when he started talking about his personal relationship with rats I put him in the top ten.
I got out of the taxi after I paid and stopped at a new coffee shop that just opened up. It's really cute with books lined on the walls and cozy areas to read while you drink coffee. I'll definitely be stopping here more to catch up on some reading after a long day. It's not like I have anything better to do.
The cafe is about 5 minutes away from Honey's but I am in a little of a rush since I would like to get to work by 7:40 so that I have plenty of time to get the shop set up before opening and it's already 7:30.
I rush into the cafe and order a new tea so that my day will be saved. They call Sophia and I grab my coffee. But when I step back to leave I run into a beautiful girl on the phone with someone. Thankfully all she dropped was her phone because I couldn't ruin her day or her long summer dress that looked amazing on her body.

         She just looked at me and exclaimed, "Oh my Lanta I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention and my brother is berating me

She just looked at me and exclaimed, "Oh my Lanta I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention and my brother is berating me."
I looked at her astonished that she blamed it on herself and told her "No NO that was totally my fault I wasn't paying attention and I was in a rush I should have looked behind me before I started walking. Are you okay? I'm out of breath because I tend to ramble when I'm embarrassed and she looks at me and laughs
"I'm fine. My big brother was worried about me shopping alone and decided he was going to join my shopping spree today so I was a little aggravated. How about we just forget it happened. And maybe we could even start over and become friends you seem pretty cool.'' She explains aggravated at first about her brother and then excited about being my friend. I beam because I have only made one friend since moving here a year ago and that's my best friend Lana who has tons of friends and although that's not her fault sometimes I feel left out.
"Yeah totally, could I just get your number? I have work at Honey's down l the street maybe we could plan a get together, maybe go clubbing one day?" I gushed, probably a little too excited. But she doesn't miss a beat and tells me her number as I write it down and text her just to make sure we exchange names. And it looks like I have a new friend named Stella and she just turned 21 while I am 23. When I say bye she stops me real quick and asks "How long is your shift at honey's maybe I can stop by real quick with my big bro and look around." I turn around and tell her that my shift ends at one." We say goodbye and I can't wait to get to know Stella more.

Ok, first chapter is done how did you like🎉❤️🥳