Enzo's pov

Tw: miscarriage

As soon as we got home a doctor was waiting in the entryway already set up. Alex must have called him for me to which I am incredibly thankful for. I lay her on the bed set up and the first thing he checks is the baby. I told him as we walked in and he got everything ready for the checkup.

He gets an ultrasound machine out and takes a long time looking at the picture and I know by the look that crosses over his face that the baby had passed. Sophia was looking at me the whole time as I held her hand, when I looked down at her I picked up her body to hug her. We were both mourning already but now that we know for sure a new wave of sadness came over us.

The doctor checked on her while she was in my lap and towards the end he said "I am deeply sorry if it helps at all it wasn't your fault. The baby was not growing like it should have."

"She was a girl."

He has sorrow in his eyes as he listens and when I look at him he says "Don't give her too much food at once it sounds weird but if you feed her too fast and too much she will get sick even more. I will prescribe you some vitamins to get you going again and I will be by next week to see how you're doing."

I nod at him and thank him as I show him out. As soon as he is gone I take Sophia to the kitchen so that she can eat a little. She has some chicken and crackers that she eats slowly. As she eats I say "Amore Alex is coming over to recap the raid. Is it alright if Stella comes over? She really wants to see you."

"Yeah that's fine." I nod at her and go upstairs to change and wash up. I help Sophia wash up as she sits on the shower floor staying quiet. I help her get dressed and she slowly walks downstairs and sits on the couch. She curls up in a blanket and lays down on a pillow.

I hear the door open and tense up until I see Alex and Stella walk in. Stella runs to Sophia and hugs her as Sophia stays limp in her arms. Stell looks at me worried as she starts whispering to Sophia. Sophia is soon crying in her arms and I see tears falling down Stella's cheeks as well. I know that my family was excited about the baby and already loved her as much as we did. I know that Stella feels Sophia's pain.

"Amore we will be in my office if you need me." I wait for her to answer but I get none so I walk away.

I walk with Alex to my office and sit down at my desk as Alex sits across from me. He asks "Is she hurt?"

I grumble and look him in the eyes as I say "She lost the baby at the warehouse."

His hand goes over his mouth to cover his gasp and tears run down my cheeks. I wipe them away quickly and say "Antoni and his dad are as good as dead. I want every team that we can spare on finding them." He nods and catches me up on what happened on the raid. We only had a couple losses. We take care of funeral preparations and soon I hear two knocks on the door.

Mattia and Leo walk into the room. They are a little beat up but otherwise look fine, no horrible injuries. Leo doesn't talk much but Mattia speaks up "You called for us boss."

"I did, I wanted to promote you if you are interested." Mattia and Leo show no emotions like the soldiers that I raised them to be. "Sophia needs bodyguards with her if I am not. I would like you two to take that job"

Mattia and Leo are a team and they work together. I knew that they would be the best option. Mattia looks at Leo and they both nod at each other and then me accepting the job.

"I am staying with her for the next two weeks but after that I will have to go back to work at the warehouse. I know you have already met her a little but at the end of the two weeks I will introduce you again."

Alex speaks up and says "You will choose who works. I don't care who takes what shift but you will come to me for anything." I nod and speak up to say "That is all Alex will get back to you for more information you can leave."

At the end of taking care of everything it is already night time. We both walk out to the kitchen to find Sophia and Stella cooking. When we sit down to eat Stella holds a conversation with all of us.

They soon leave and I take Sophia upstairs so that we can get sleep. She asks me as I lay down with her "Are you disappointed in me." My eyebrows raise and I say "No Amore not at all you had no control over any of it."

"She was the only person I had in there." I sit there and listen to her as she keeps talking. "I had a feeling that the baby was a girl so I rolled with it. The guards kept calling me crazy because I kept talking to her but they didn't know that she was there."

I start stroking her hair back as tears roll down our cheeks. "She's my baby Enzo, how is she gone?"

"I don't know Amore I Don't know."