Chapter 67

The proof of love

DO VOTE FOLLOW AND COMMENT.

Meaning of the quotes in picture☝️:

My heart says 'Go meet Him'
But my steps halt as they begin to move (towards you)
...
My heart says 'Go meet her'
But my steps halt as they begin to move (towards you)
Sometimes my heart explains it to me,
Sometimes I try to make my heart understand...
_________________________________________________

Shahnoor's POV :-

The surrounding felt warm, sweats covering my body, I gulped on feeling the dryness of my mouth. The heavy eyelids slowly opened, blurry vision got clear further. Slightly I open my mouth and took a deep breath.

Tick, tick, tick..

It is so quite here that the only sound visible to ears is ticking of the wall clock. I sighed heavily before getting up and look around the dark yet lighted room.

"You up?" I look at the source of voice, standing near the door with a tray in his hands and that smile.

"Daud...I stil- *Coughs*" Before I can complete my sentence, I started coughing because of the dry mouth.

"Noor, here water." Daud said, quickly sitting next to me with a concerned gesture as he handle me the glass of water.

I slowly drink the water while daud stroke my back. Keeping the glass aside, I slowly look at him.

"Its so hard to believe you are here." I said, with a light smile.

"I know, its almost...nine months." He said, nodding.

"How's everything daud?" I asked.

"Jaise tha (The way it was before)" He said, looking in my eyes but I look down.

His eyes express much more than his words, its hard to avoid those feelings in his eyes.

"It shouldn't be...I thought you must have found someone by now." I said, still with the same smile.

He made himself comfortable as he slide down next to my knees, holding my hands, looking in my eyes.

"Noor.." He started but stopped for a second and cleared his throat.

"There's something I have told you, didn't I?" He asked the known question.

"Yes.." I said, with concerned gaze.

"Than why would you think of something like that?" He asked.

"Because...*takes deep breath* you should know...you should..take..care..*sniffs* take care of yourself...daud.. Allah*sighs* how do I explain this..." It is hard for me to express whats going on inside me, I bite my lower lip and tears escaped through my eyes.

Soon I felt a strong hand around my shoulder, he pulled me into a warm hug.

"You don't have to explain anything noor...I understand." He said, I shake my head in negative.

"No daud *Cries* No you don't un-understand whats-whats..going in my heart..its so..so difficult for me to... understand...why?..why it is always me?..why daud? Why do I have to care for others? Why can't anyone think of me? It is so difficult to tell..to tell that its hard to breathe... shahzaib.. shahzaib..he doesn't care.. But stupid me..I still...love him..why?" I cried, snuggling more in his chest.