Chapter 34

Haldi & Mehndi
(Turmeric & Henna)

DO VOTE FOLLOW AND COMMENT.

Meaning of the quotes in picture☝️:

I have loved with you,
Than this season has came...
You have stolen my heart in filled moments,
My love...
_

___________________________________________________________________

Shahnoor's POV :-

"Shahno," Farah called me as I look at her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Is this okay?" She asked while pointing her index finger at her beautifully decorated eyes.

"Farah always apply natural liner, can you please apply a little bit thick liner?" I asked the makeup artist who is here to get farah ready for haldi function.

"A long dramatic wing liner, do you assume it like that?" She asked me.

"No, just medium flow." I said as she nodded and carried on her work.

"Just let her hair be, we have designed some flowers jewelry for both haldi and Mehndi ritual. So we want her to wear them." I said to the hairstylist who was about to make a bun of her hair.

"Okay ma'am, than can you give me the jewelry? So that I can put in on her?" She said.

"Okay," I said and took out the tray where jewelry of fresh flowers came in the morning as we didn't want the flowers to get dried and look shabby.
I placed the tray on the bed.

"I am keeping it here and one more thing, it's haldi so you know she doesn't have to wear heavy ones. So please keep the heavy ones for the mehndi function." I said.

"I got it, ma'am." She replied with a gentle smile.

"I know I am being very instructive,I apologize." I said with a nervous smile but honestly we don't need any beautician or hairstylist cuz me and farah are super professional worker in such course. But Shahzaib bhai want us to relax and enjoy the wedding.

"Its okay ma'am, every sister does that." The makeup artist replied and I nodded with a smile than look towards farah who wore a sad smile, the reason is what I am well aware of.

"Farah, I am gonna take bath and get ready, so take your time to get ready." I said to farah.

"O~kay." She replied with close eyes as the makeup artist applying liner.

I took my clothes and went in the bathroom. After taking a hot refreshing bath, I got change into simple yellow kurti (top) and yellow pants, I sighed looking at the reflection of mine. I wore nothing but a simple kurti in my sister's haldi, which is so far from my dreams. Ammi too wore a simple salwar-kameez (Indian outfit) I told baba to give us some money for the clothes, we can adjust about jewelries But he was in rage to pick up a fight. Thinking about our reputation I didn't said anything further and left him alone. In the end I wasn't able to do anything.