Chapter 29

Peace.

DO VOTE FOLLOW AND COMMENT.

Meaning of the quotes in picture☝️:

It is very difficult to understand the misery of daughters, There is no place for them in the same house, Where they are born.

_______________________________________

~present~

Shahnoor's POV :-

He was sitting there in front of me with my sister sitting opposite of him
In a beautiful haldi dress, everyone was gathering them with laughs and joy. When I look at him, he looks the most happiest man of the world like if he had won the biggest lottery of his life. While on the other hand when I look at my sister, she looks like a dead rose without any bloom just as her soul leaved her body.

I was her in our room only when she was getting ready for the function, he book 4-5 people to get her ready. Some are beautician, dresser, mehendi artist, and Allah knows who. She asked me If I will not attend the function as I remember,

~Flashback~

"Shahno, won't you come?" Farah asked but I didn't reply.

"Ma'am please look here, I have to do last touch ups."The beautician said irritatingly for third time. And farah ignored her while looking at me.

"Shahno, won't you apply haldi(Turmeric) on your sister? Were your dreams are just for saying?" Farah said almost crying.

"Yes, I dreamed of applying haldi and henna on you for your wedding but mene kabhi tezaab lagane ka nahi socha farah.tum kehti ho ki tumhare khushiyon ke janaze me aake khush ho jau, toh yeh main kaise karlu) (But I never thought to put acid on you. You say be happy at the funeral of my happiness, so how can I do it.)" I said narrowing my eyes.

"Think shahno, why I am doing this. you'll pray for my happiness na, than why won't Allah make me happy, huh?"She asked and I look at her without having an answer.

"You'll be late, everyone is waiting for you. Go now."I said as I look away.

Than I heard them walking out and closing the door behind.

~End of flashback~

Tears steam down on my cheeks, I was looking at from the window. The rasm(ritual) started as they first applied little oil on both of them. They won't be able to see each other as a curtain was spread between groom's family which 90% includes only man of black suits and bride's family.

But when I look at them, they look so beautiful together but that won't change my about his work.

I know he have seen so much in life, may Allah make him a better person and may Allah give my sister ability to heal his scars. I remember our talk on terrace from yesterday evening,

~Flashback~

His eyes were holding tears that were unshed because he won't let them out, the only reason of his was that he wants to be seen strong not weak. He quickly turned his back on me and wiped his face with his bare hands. Than he look at me with a smile, I couldn't define this man. He is so confusing, I furrowed my eyebrows.

He took out his handkerchief from his pocket and look at me. Than he came forward and hold my chin with his left hand as he wiped my face with his handkerchief. I remember my first encounter with him the day he did same in the remand room. I didn't even knew when I started crying. As he finished he backed away.