Chapter 10

Amelia felt something in her hair and sleepily took it out. She half-opened her eyes and saw that it was a rose petal. She looked at it confused for few seconds and then completely opened her eyes to look at the room. To her surprise, the whole room was decorated beautifully in red and white theme. The first thought that came in her mind was that her friends did it for her. It seemed too much but she shrugged it off. Her bed was filled with red petals.

She smiled at a mental joke of teasing her friends because the decorations looked like it was valentines day. She thought that April must have done it as a joke. She liked to tease Amelia about being single and had even proposed to be her boyfriend slash girlfriend for college years. Since she herself wasn't in any real commitment.

Amelia looked at the her right side and found boxes of chocolates. Their were many of them. She picked them up and saw that they were all filled with different kind of delicious goodies. She wasn't a chocolate lover but she would like to eat them today. April might get a yes to her proposal after all.

She stretched her arms above her head and yawned. She was feeling gleeful. As she stretched and turned her head to the side, she caught the sight of a red rose with a note on her side table. Her heart felt like it dropped in the pit of her stomach. The rose with the note looked familiar. She wanted to be optimistic but there was only one person who had that style.

She took a deep breath and shook off the bad thoughts. How would he be able to place rose in her room. It must be April or Gracie fooling around. She made a mental note of giving them a nice beating for it. She steadied her trembling hands and picked up the rose. She brought it to her nose and  smelled it, which was good as always. She thought that the scent would help her feel better.

She reluctantly picked the small note and opened it.

Happy Birthday Love!

Be ready at 8:00 p.m

~SK

It was indeed from Ajax. That was it, he didn't say much. Ajax wasn't very expressive with his words. Oscar had told him to write some romantic line but he said that he wasn't a fucking poet. He didn't like to express his feelings. And according to him, Amelia was making him expressive enough. He didn't mind it though.

The change was so little that nobody would ever infer it as being expressive but he knew that he was, given his previous record. But his new expressive side was only reserved for his girl. For the world he was the same cold ruthless mafia king who liked killing people. He had special guns for one of his hunts as they would call it. He liked using special weapons on special victims.

Amelia felt like her heart skipped a beat. He didn't leave her even on her birthday. She couldn't believe it, how could he be so full of himself? He wanted her to spend her birthday night with him. He couldn't give her a single day off. She felt that immediate resentment inside her. She didn't want to meet him, not at least today. She would face him tomorrow but today was her day. She deserved at least one day to herself.

She hurriedly got off the bed and stormed out of her room. Her friends were already up and in the living area. They were stressed out already. They looked at her as she came out of her room with a piece of paper in her hand.

She was starstruck by the condition of the apartment. It was decorated beautifully with red flowers, balloons and other stuff. The decorations were everywhere. There was a giant fluffy teddy bear sitting at the corner beside her room wall. It was a gift from him, considering the gift bow on his head and a happy birthday card.

Oscar had tried to write his name on that card as he wanted to give himself the credit. It was his idea afterall. According to him, his brother wasn't capable enough to give a girl a proper gift. He was a relationship virgin. Ajax had sprained his hand for writing his name on the card and shoved the card in his face.