Chapter 20

Unedited!

"Do it, I'll get back to you later" Ajax said and hung up on the call. He made his way out of his study room as his servants had informed him that his mother had come to visit him. He knew that Mark would be with her too. Victor followed him as he walked through the long corridors to reach the living room. There were guards stationed at various points inside the mansion.

.
.
.

"Mother!" Ajax greeted. Candace nodded in acknowledgement. "Are you here for a reason?" He asked. He had a very formal relationship with his mother. She wasn't a bad woman or something but it worked like that in their world. He had spent most of his life in training and fighting to become the best Mafia king.

He didn't have time for the stuff related to feelings and emotions. His mother understood the responsibility he had on his shoulders. She kept her affections mostly towards Oscar so that Ajax could become a strong Mafia leader like his father wanted him to be.

"I want to know, what have you thought about your life further?" Candace said.

"What do you mean?" He asked, he knew where his mother was coming from but he wanted her to elaborate.

"You know what I mean Ajax. What have you thought about that girl? " She asked.

He looked at his uncle Mark who was siting on the couch busy reading some mails, but Ajax knew better. He knew that Mark was a smart man and was quiet aware of his surroundings.

Ajax looked back towards his mother and took a deep breath. He hated having to explain to someone about his life and choices. He gave no rights to anyone to question him but he knew that his mother wasn't going to let it go so easily. So it would be better to make things clear for her.

"What is there to think mother, I've already told you that I like her and I'm going to marry her" He said normallly like it wasn't a big deal to marry out of family, out of mafia, out of business, out of his world and most importantly a girl as innocent as hers.

"Look Ajax, you wanted to get engaged with that girl and you did it. But if you are thinking that we will accept her as our queen then that's not going to happen" His mother said. She knew her son was playing with her. He only wanted to give her enough answers and do whatever he wanted.

"And who is going to stop me?" Ajax raised his brow in a challenging way.

"I am your mother and don't forget that I am the current queen of this world you are ruling" She said gritting her teeth. She couldn't let her son do the mistake of marrying the wrong girl and then regret it forever. She wanted the next heir of the family, born by a strong and well honoured woman.

"You might be the queen but I am in charge here. What I say goes around mother" Ajax said through clenched teeth. He wanted his mother to make peace with the fact that he was going to marry Amelia.

Their heated conversation was going on when Vivian came downstairs. "Good evening Candace!" She greeted and got a nod in return. She had stayed overnight for some business in the city. Since she was kind of a close friend to Ajax and the business was related to his company so he let her stay for the night.

"We are having a disagreement here about the girl Ajax has selected as the upcoming Queen" Mark informed her.

"What disagreement?" She asked and took a seat.

"He can't marry her, she is not a good choice for him" Candace said. Ajax clenched his fists to control his anger. He knew, she was the best choice for him.

"Why? She seemed pretty and nice." Vivian said.

"Being pretty isn't everything a queen needs to be, they have other responsibilities too." Candace said.