Chapter 23

*Edited

Amelia was feeling weak, she hadn't kept anything inside her stomach for much long. All the food that was given to her, she either puked it out or directly flushed it down the toilet. She didn't want to eat anything. She wasn't a puppet who would do everything she was told specially when the orders were coming from Mrs. Helen's master aka Ajax Santiago.

Yesterday, after locking her inside that room, Ajax came back only once in the evening. His visit wasn't much appreciated by Amelia. She screamed at him but that only got her a harsh kiss from him. She begged to be let out, he didn't listen to any of her pleadings.

After he left, she once again slept on the floor as he had mentioned earlier that it was his room and she would never want to sleep on his bed. The thought disgusted her, made her feel like a tramp.

Right now it was evening and she was feeling her body going weak from not eating anything. She knew that may be she should eat. Starving wouldn't help her get out. She would need energy in her system to escape from that cage. But she couldn't find the will to eat anything. May be he would pity on her and let her go back to her home if she wouldn't eat anything. He said he liked her, she hoped that he cared enough to let her go, seeing her miserable state.

Amelia took a deep breath, the cut on her lip from yesterday's harsh kiss was also stinging a little. She sighed and stood up from the floor by getting a little support from the bed. Her body was weak and required ATPs. She walked towards the window to look outside, she was feeling suffocated. But before she could reach the window pane, the world around her started spinning. She put a hand on her head to keep her vision steady but it all got blur and she slowly lost consciousness.

--------------

The lock of the door clicked open and Mrs. Diaz came in. But as she looked around the room, she found Amelia passed out on the floor near the window. "Mam!" She called and ran to her. She got down and shook Amelia to wake her up but she didn't move. "What happened mam? Wake up please!" She said in worry.

She took the water from the side table which was the only thing Amelia had been getting inside her system in these past days. She sprinkled some water on Amelia's face but when she still didn't wake up, Mrs. Diaz's fear increased. She ran towards the door and knocked on it. A guard opened the door. "Tell the king that Mam has fainted, immediately!" She said in panic and the guard hurriedly nodded leaving to call his boss.

Ajax was in his study room when the guard knocked on the door. "Come in!" He gave him the permission. He looked up from his files and saw a huffing guard. It was one of the guards he had posted outside his bedroom. "Sir! Mam has fainted" He informed.

Ajax shot off his chair instantly and practically ran out to get to his bedroom. He reached there and found Amelia lying on the floor. Helen was sitting beside her. "Lia!" He called and ran to her. He got down on the floor and patted her face; "Lia, open your eyes love" He said. Mrs. Helen was now standing beside him while the guards were outside the room.

"Call the fucking doctor!" Ajax yelled and picked Amelia up to place her on the bed. Mrs. Helen immediately called the doctor. "Lia, my love!" He called.

----------------

Mrs. Wilson was checking Amelia's vitals. She was the only woman Ajax could trust in her case. Her husband was his personal doctor too. Both husband and wife were part of the mafia.

"It looks like Ms. McCarthy has extreme weakness. She probably hadn't eaten anything for the last few days which caused her to collapse. We need to get something in her system to get her stable" Mrs. Wilson informed.

Ajax, who was standing on the other side of the bed, clenched his jaw. Hadn't eaten anything! He gave a hard look to Mrs. Diaz who shook in fear.