Chapter 41

*Unedited

Author's Note:

📝 I don't really like this book's cover. What are ur thoughts?

🔹I want to clear that Ajax's mood changes according to my mood. If he is being horny that means I feel horny. If he is being a forceful jerk, that means I feel like writing dark romance. I just realized that I don't really go with the story's flow and I don't think I'll mend my rookie mistake.

🌀 This is my comfort story!

🌀This is the fourth chapter of weekly update requests. I don't know when I'll update next.

🌀I finished my end of the deal, sacrificing my sleep. writingsofhue waiting for your part.

Third Person POV:

It was dinner time when Ajax came home. It had been almost two weeks since Amelia attempted suicide. He hadn't left her alone since then. But today, he had to leave for few hours. The work was important. He had begrudgingly left, intending to do some quick kills and come back to her as soon as he could.

Mrs. Diaz greeted him. "How is she?" He asked. His work forced him but he wasn't ready to leave her on her own yet. He had been worried about her all the time he spent away.

"Mam is quiet as usual. I tried to get her to eat some snacks in the evening but she didn't look at me" Mrs. Helen told him. He internally sighed. She wouldn't eat, unless he would force feed her with his own hands. At first she tried to resist that too. But now she eats without saying anything but only when it's absolute necessary. And that is when he feeds her.

She doesn't even look at Helen when she would ask her for meals. It's like she had lost her appetite or her will to live. She didn't want to do basic human functions. May be she thinks that she could starve herself to death. Whatever it was, Ajax wouldn't let any of that happen.

"She had slept most of the time you were away. And the little time she was up, she didn't say anything. Just kept staring at the ceiling" Helen basically reported him. It was another thing that irked Ajax. She had been sad throughout the period he had kept her in his mansion. She would stare off in space and be quiet. But she would mostly stare out of the window, looking at the sky and birds.

Now, she doesn't look out the window. She keep staring at the plain ceiling. She looked like she had lost herself after he took her soul. Ajax nodded and dismissed Helen.

Amelia had been sleeping a lot these days. It had always been a habit of her. She would sleep whole day whenever she was stressed or depressed. Stacy called them her Sleep Periods.

Ajax had been keeping her in his hold 24\7. During initial days, she was on medicinal drugs and injections. Some of them had mild sedating effect. They wouldn't knock her out but calm her down, specially when she was going through Protest Period. He would rock her and pat her so she would slowly fall asleep.

She had tried to harm herself again and again but he was right beside her to stop her. He held her left hand in his firm hold all the time, so she wouldn't move it and hurt herself. He kept waking up in the middle of the nights to check up on her or just to assure that she was with him. It was no secret that he was scared. She had scared the big mafia king.

Ajax's heart beat fastly as he walked towards his room. Last time he came back from work, she had cut her wrist. He didn't ever want to see that sight again. Guards bowed at him as he walked through the door. His raging heart calmed a bit at seeing her sleeping peacefully in their bed.

A nurse was sitting on the couch in front of her. She immediately stood up and greeted him. "I've checked all of her vitals. She seems fine but she has been sleeping for two hours now" She reported when he asked about her. "You can go now" He said without looking at her. She bowed and left.