Chapter 15

Blood, bones and darkness.

Amelia was sitting on the cold floor in the middle of the cell. She couldn't understand how she was there. She looked around her, it was all dark with a light bulb hanging loosely above her head. She flinched when the chain with which the bulb was hanging moved, making a creak sound and suddenly the cell was illuminated with dim light.

She hurriedly looked around her, but she couldn't see anything. She could feel bright light but she couldn't physically see it. It felt like in her head, like her eyes were cold. Then she felt like her eyes opened. She looked around, but was terrified to see that the cold floor was covered in red blood. She tried to scream in fear but she felt like her throat was blocked by something.

She gasped when she saw the silhouettes of men standing at every corner of the now round cell at specific distance. She tried to look closely but couldn't see their faces. It was like they were made of shadows and darkness. Then out of nowhere, she could see their faces.

A chill of terror ran in her body when she saw them. They didn't have facial features or any eyes, noses or mouth. They only had ears and their was blood splattered at their faces. She opened her mouth to scream but the sound didn't come out of her mouth, it came out of her surroundings, echoing in the walls of the dark cell.

The dark figures took out some kind of weapon from their back but Amelia couldn't actually decipher what it was. They weren't too far away from her but still she couldn't find out what were they holding. She could feel her breathing increase, she was scared but they didn't do any harm to her. She thought they would move forward towards her or hurt her in any way but they hept standing like a statue.

Then she felt something crippling on her skin. At first she thought that it was dread but then she she felt fingers moving on her body. She saw a hand on her waist but when she looked back, there wasn't a body attached to it. It was just a hand.

She saw another amputated hand on her leg which was stretched on the floor. She screamed in horror and started pushing them off her body. She closed her eyes and screamed like a mad person. She tried to stand up but she felt like there was something restraining her in one place.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps coming her way. She opened her eyes and looked in front of her. The hands had disappeared by now. She squinted her eyes and saw that it was Eric standing there.

"Eric! " She called and felt thins feeling of immense relief in her heart.

"I was searching for you Eric, where were you? " She found her voice to ask but remain sitting on the floor. She wanted to go towards him but she felt like she was glued where she was sitting.

"Don't you know Amelia?" Eric asked.

"Know what? " She asked confused.

"I died!" He told her. She gasped and held her head, how could he die?

"You were there, you watched it all, you watched me dying" His tone was accusing. The memories of her, sitting on a soft couch while he was dying on a wooden chair in front of her started coming to her in flashes. Those dark, faceless men were torturing him, they beat him with sticks and belts while he begged her to make them stop. His agonizing screams of pain started echoing in her ears.

"I-i d-did, you a-are d-dead" She mumbled.

"It's because of you Amelia, I'm dead because of you" He said, his voice held pain and complaint. She didn't save him when he was dying at the hands of those bastards. He was beaten and tortured and yet she sat back there and watched it. May be she enjoyed it, may be she was the real monster.