Chapter 18

*Edited

*doorbell ringing

Arnold opened the door. In front of him stood tall men who looked like bodyguards.

"Good evening Mr. McCarthy!" One of them took off his shades and said. "Mr. Santiago has sent us to escort you to the engagement venue"

Ajax hadn't informed Arnold about the place where engagement would take place. Arnold knew it was one of his way of preventing them from planing an escapre route. He looked at the man in front of him and nodded. He went inside the house to call his family. They were all in the living room waiting for the awful night ahead.

Julia and Stacy helped Amelia carry her heavy dress as she walked like a dead person towards the front door with her eyes on the floor. She had no interest in anything or anyone.

"My Queen!" Victor bowed in respect. Amelia didn't raise her head and kept looking at the floor with empty eyes and thumping heart. His hard voice brought back many memories of the dark night she spent in their torture cell.

She remembered how he told the guards to beat Eric harder. He had such strong arms and big hands with which he was punching her date as per Ajax's order. He had no hesitation, no emotion, no regret. He was a monster.

"Mam!" Victor's voice brought her out of her nerve wrecking thoughts. He looked at her trembling hands as she fisted them on her sides. "Mam you will come in seperate car" He told her which made her more anxious. She didn't want to ride alone with those ruthless men. She wanted to be with her family.

"Amelia will come with us" Julia said. Amelia felt relieved as her mom stood up for her but her relief was short lived. Victor cleared his throat and said; "I'm sorry mam but it's Mr. Santiago's order to bring his queen alone"

"I can't let my daughter go with you" Arnold seethed in anger. It was bad enough that his daughter was getting engaged to that criminal. He wanted him to just put that damn ring on her finger and call the night off. No other drama and unnecessary stuff. He would like to keep their interaction as low as possible.

"I assure you Mr. McCarthy, no harm will come to your daughter with us. We are mere servants who are following orders" Victor said with respect. It was his Queen's family.

Arnold was not at all relieved by his words. But he knew that he was helpless. "We have female guards specially for Mam" Victor tried to reassure. Arnold begrudgingly nodded. He knew that if he would protest, they would take no time in dragging his family to the cars.

"Shall we go Mam?" Victor asked, his eyes never once rose from the floor to look at Amelia. She gulped and moved forward towards the car. Victor opened the door for her. Stacy came to help her adjust her dress. "We will help Mam" One of the lady guards said and motioned her to go back to her car. They carefully helped Amelia settle in her seat and nicely tucked her ginormous dress inside.

Her family's car left first. She saw Victor opening the passenger door and settling inside. He was going to ride with her for safety reasons. Ajax trusted him the most with his queen. Dozens of cars left with them.

---------------------

The car stopped in front of a really big building. It was one of Ajax's villa on the outskirts of California. Victor opened the door for Amelia. He lead her inside the house. She found her legs trembling and her heart thumping as she followed him inside that unknown place. All she wanted to do was to turn back on her feet and run from there.

The house was decorated beautifully with a modern touch but Amelia wasn't in the situation to admire the beauty of the house. She tried to slow down her eratic heartbeats as she silently followed Victor up some long wide stairs. She thought that the event must be held upstairs. She tried to prepare herself to face a room full with people.