Chapter 17

*Edited

This chapter might seem depressing at the start because of our female lead's pov and trust me, she is going through some deep shit right now.

I wanted to give a try to write a specified pov so I chose Amelia.

Although I didn't want it to be so sad and kind of negative but our story is at this point right now.

Trust me, Amelia McCarthy is really sweet, friendly and a positive thinker under normal circumstances.

I didn't want the female lead to be stupidly a goodie bee. It's a cringe to read and write when a female lead treats shitty people with respect in a story saying that her parents taught her to respect people and be greatful.

Trust me, no real person ever acts morally in such situations and your parents will also probably want you to bite the head off the person who is bothering you.

Have fun reading!

🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾🄾

Amelia's POV:

It was my engagement day. I couldn't believe it, I was marrying a criminal. He was going to put his ring on my finger in front of the whole world and claim me as his. He was a famous man and I'm sure there would be press and media in the ceremony.

I felt suffocated, I was doomed. There was no way out of it. He once said that if he wanted to marry me, no one on Earth would be able to stop him. He had that kind of power. And as I lay there on my bed, I kept thinking that was it really going to happen? Would he make me his wife one day and no one would ever be able to stop him?

I wanted to scream and cry at my fate but I felt like the well of my tears had dried. I had been crying all night, I couldn't sleep. Mom and Stacy offered to sleep with me for the night but I refused. I needed some time alone, I needed to cry my heart out at my fate. And I think my family understood that it was probably best for me to let my tears and frustration out.

My tears and worries had increased when Ajax called me last night. His talks were laced with lust and threats. He was kind of excited for this big day. And he didn't want me to fuck it up for him. I get it, my will and consent didn't matter to him, it was all about his heart. If he wanted this stupid engagement to happen today, it will happen. It was better for me and my family's safety that I don't become a hurdle in his way of taking me.

The knock on my room's door interrupted my thoughts. I remained laid on my bed with my eyes stuck on the ceiling when my mom opened the door and came in. "Amelia! " She said, her voice was sad and defeated. I knew my parents were blaming themselves for whatever was happening to me. It wasn't their fault and I had tried to tell them that but they still felt guilty for my misery.

"Honey, Ajax had sent some stylists and beauticians to get you ready for the night" Mom said.

So the time had come, when I will be getting ready for the monster. Ajax had mentioned earlier, that he would arrange my dress and stuff. I thought he would make an appointment in some unnecessarily top place but he had sent unnecessarily top people at my place. Guess, he really doesn't want me to go out and tell people about the truth of this engagement. Or may be he doesn't want a male to set his eyes on me. May be he thinks that I would run away with any guy just to get out of his hands. May be I would, anything seemed better than being called his.

I took my time in cursing him before deciding to turn my head and look at my mom. She gave me a sad look. I knew she was trying to be strong for me but she was as anxious as I was right now. I sat up on bed as mom opened the door completely to let in the people Ajax had sent to get me ready. There were only females in the small crew, as obvious. What else could I expect from that psycho possessive man. I recognized the stylist who came in carrying a big bag which probably had my dress for the evening. She was one of the top most designer.