Chapter 28

Four days later...

Damian is finally released from the hospital, and after picking up their stuff from their house cabin, Bruce, Roger, Alexandra, Damian, and Hank leave Snowy Mountain.

Hank, Alexandra, and Roger head back home, while Damian and Bruce board a travel bus that leads them to San Diego, just like Bruce promised.

Meanwhile, after her practice game, Christina meets a person named Stevenson "Steven", who was asking for directions.

"Do you come here often? Or are you new?" said Christina, asking him.

"I got called up to San Diego, to play in a MLB team." said Steven, as he admits to her.

"Wow that's cool." said Christina, as she exclaims.

"Yeah, but the bad thing is that my father is forcing me to quit my dreams of becoming a professional Baseball player, and work in the family business." said Steven, as he frowns.

Christina frowns too.

"Oh my, that sucks." said Christina, before trying to lighten up Steven's mood.

Christina later befriends Steven, after she and her team finally leave.

However, what Christina doesn't know is that Steven is actually the son of Randy the CEO of Imagine. After Steven goes to the sideline corner of the soccer field, Ben walks towards him.

"What?" said Steven, in an annoyed tone.

"Your father wants to talk with you." said Ben, as he hands Steven his phone while putting it on speaker.

Steven rolls his eyes before talking through it.

"Hello. I did what you told me to do." said Steven, sounding disappointed.

"Excellent." said Randy, through the phone.

Steven sighs.

"Remind me again of why we're doing this?" said Steven, going straight to the point.

"Steven we've been over this, fine I'll explain it to you one more time. So make sure that you listen carefully." said Randy, explaining to him. "The plan is to make Christina fall in love with you, so that we can arrange a wedding in order to steal her designs after the wedding and leave her broke."

"Yeah, but doesn't that seem... kinda, I don't know like... sad and unfair." said Steven

"Well that's life." said Randy, not even caring. "Don't worry, it's easy, trust me. All you have to do is pretend to have a romantic relationship with her, marry her, and take her designs away. It's that simple!"

"Yeah but, it's also going to hard for me." said Steven

"Hey, any girl would like to live in a fantasy world, like a Princess living with luxuries." said Randy, as he laughed sinisterly. "Steven, the company is counting on you. Just remember that."

"Okay." said Steven, with a sigh.

After hanging up on Randy's call, both Ben and Steven oppose Randy's plan.

"Argh! I can't stand him!" said Steven, as he paced back and forth. "Who does he think he is? Cupid? The guy's a total jerk!"

"I know, tell me about it. I don't like the way he treats you, or the way that he is going to treat Christina." said Ben, as he shook his head. "Listen, Christina is a nice girl, she's really sweet, and everything, and like every other girl who is living a fantasy dream, it'll truly break her."

"Yeah, I know. Even if she is a total stranger." said Steven

"Come on, Steven. We have to go back to the hotel." said Ben, as he escorts him out.