A surprise gift

Y/N's P.O.V:

I woke up early to get to the office real quick. I am avoiding the traffic everyday so it's better to be so early than late. I stopped by a nearby Cafe to grab my favorite coffee and my favorite sandwich. I bought some plain black coffee and a vanilla icecream to put on the coffee. Then I also ordered one egg sandwich. I drove fast but in moderate to reach the office.

Once I arrived at the office I greet all the people I crosspath with then go straight to my office. I opened everything in my office from my lights to my curtains. I also command my A.I to open my system then I put the vanilla icecream on my coffee. I opened my sandwich and take a bite.

I open my email immediately and read one by one and reply. I took a sip of my coffee and this combination really makes my mood elevate. I look at my wrist watch and it's already 7:30 in the morning. The office feels empty, nobody arrives yet. I look through my glass wall and look at the city outside, Seems like everybody is busy.

I go back to my chair and opened some letters on my basket. Mostly it's a billing statements which is already paid. And the last letter was from my father so I immediately put it in my bag as I don't want to read something private here. I came across the folders on my right side it's business proposals and project offers that's waiting for my approval.

I saw people coming as their cubicle is starting to light up. I look at my watch it's exactly 8 in the morning. 8:30 is our work time so technically they are not late at all. My secretary comes in, she also arrives at this hour. I saw her coming inside as my door is inside her office. She immediately comes in as soon as she noticed me.

"Glad you are back Ms. Y/N." She greeted me and I smiled at her. "I have my gifts for you from my vacation." I excitedly told her. "Thank you so much for your kindness Ms. Y/N." She thanked me already. My secretary is such a sweet type of lady and she have a good relationship here at every people around us. Even the clients like her like I do. "Here, that's my gift for you." I told her and handed her a paper bag. "And this is for them. Distribute this once they are already complete outside." I ordered her and handed her 4 big paper bags.

"Roger that Ms. Y/N." She said obeying me. "I already put names on it so you will not get confused. I'll just review this contracts and report to me after you distribute that." I said and scan through some papers. She gets out at my office and sit on her chair. I listed all the deadlines of each projects and calculate all possible outcomes then started to note contracts who needs adjustments.

I saw my Secretary Persephone distribute my gifts to our colleagues. As soon as she gets back on her table I called her on my intercom. "Persephone come here at my office I have something to discuss with you." I called her and she immediately comes inside my office. "Yes, Ms. Y/N?" She walks near me. "I wanted you to call this once in circles if we can make adjustments on the target dates. After that call everyone for a meeting at 3 pm sharp." I ordered her and she quickly move to action.

I worked with my laptop then review the games we are working with. Persephone then enters my office. "Ms. Y/N?" She calls my attention. "Yes?" I answered back. "A delivery man drops off a gift box here under your name." She said carrying a big box. "A gift? What's with the occasion? Who's the sender?" I asked her and she scanned the gift. "The sender didn't put details on it Ms. Y/N. Do you want me to put this in security team for inspection?" Persephone answered.

"No, it's fine. Just let me check on that. Go ahead and do the follow ups I sent to your email." I disagree on her suggestion. "Where do you want me to put this Ms. Y/N?" She asked. "Put the box here near me." I instructed her and she do as I said. I continued typing things on my laptop and my phone beeps. It's a message from Levi.

'Did you get the box?' Levi said.

'I got your mailing address at your calling card.' He message next.

'Got it but haven't opened it yet. I'm currently working on an important matter.' I replied.

'Open it now brat. -,-' Levi replied and I find it cute.

'Okay, okay wait up.' I replied on his message and put the box on my free table.

When I opened the box it's full of pastel colored Styroballs and my phone beeps again.

'Make sure to dig in' Levi said on his message so I did.

I dig in and I first got a chocolate bar, then I dig in again and I got a perfume that looks so luxurious. I dig in more and the third thing I get is an eyeshadow pallete that I've been eyeing last night. It's the latest version of a luxury brand, it was just posted last night. The fourth thing is a lipstick from the same brand.

I found a total of eight items with letters on it. The other three items is a wallet from a top brand, a luxurious skincare set and the last one is a small box of jewelry from a famous jewelry shop. The letters says 'I MISS YOU.' Then I dig in more when I found a black ribbon with a note 'Pull me.' So I pulled the ribbon and the box corners tear apart. I immediately call Persephone for help as the styrobeads scattered all around the floor.

"What happened Ms. Y/N?" She asked me as she entered the office. "I pulled a ribbon and this box made a mess." I told her but I stopped when the box revealed a doll that looks so beautiful. It's in a glass cage playing music. "Looks like it's a music box Ms. Y/N. The doll is so beautiful." Persephone told and I nodded. "Indeed." The only word I can say as I feel speechless at how beautiful the doll looks like.

"What happened here?" Hange said as soon as she enters. "Someone sends a gift to Ms. Y/N, Ms. Hange and it messes up a little bit." Persephone informs her. "I'll help her you go back from your work station." Hange said to her. "Are you sure Ms. Hange I can just clean the mess?" Persephone still offered her help. "It's fine, you still have a lot to do." Hange refuses and Persephone takes her leave.

"Is this from him?" Hange asked as soon as she turns off the intercom. "Yes." I answered still looking at the doll. Hange also looks at the doll and takes a closer glance. "It looks exactly like you." Hange said. Could that be the thing I've been searching about this doll? Is it really looks like me? "Really?" I asked Hange. "Yes from the eyes to nose and lips exactly like yours." She said.

I smiled at the thought of Levi. How sweet of you sending me something so special like this. "The guy has a good taste." Hange compliments the gifts at my table as she roams around my desk. "You think so?" I asked and she nodded. "Anyways I came here to invite you for a lunch." Hange informs me to change the topic as she sees how mesmerized I am. "Sure, let's have a lunch together. Just wait for me, I'll get my wallet." I agrees with her.

A message popped on my phone so I read it first. 'Like it? A friend recommended it. He said it can make a girl happy.' Levi said on the message. I smiled at his silliness. He blew up his own surprise. 'Thank you, everything is just so perfect.' I thanked him.

Hange then cleared her throat to grab my attention. "I know, I know my bestfriend is so inlove but please my dear Portia let's eat first." She said dragging me out of my office while carrying my wallet so I laughed. "Okay, okay let's eat now." I said. "Make sure to tell me about it on the lunch." She whispered and I nodded.