🖤☁️Depressed!Mikasa x reader (Aot)

Don't skip (plz)
Just wanted to clarify, that I'm not trying to glorify or romanticize depression, I'm not dumb.

I would never do something like that. Depression and other mental health problems are serious and can lead to dangerous situations for certain people it could involve them causing harm to others and themselves. It's a terrifying thing to witness especially when it's affecting someone you love, or yourself.

Depression isn't a joke, this one-shot isn't a joke, and I am not joking. I wanted to bring light onto a very real problem and since I have people reading this work, I wanted to put it here, where people would read.

Also please remember that everyone reacts to everything differently, mental health affects EVERYONE differently and everyone deals with it differently.

With all this being said please read the TW: MENTIONS OF SU!CIDE, SELF HARM, DEATHS, CHEESY COUPLEY STUFF, PET NAMES, THERE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SPOILERS HERE‼️‼️😏

I think my writing has improved since I started writing this one-shot, I have lots of ideas and I've started spending time reading on Ao3 (it's great) and it's helped my writing tremendously. I don't mind any constructive criticism :)

Words- 4900

Y/n is also a businesswoman

__________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n wavered, she was standing (almost suspiciously) at the door of an apartment, if anyone saw her they would for sure think she was scheming something heinous despite how it looked, that was not what Y/n was thinking.

When she got back in the country and saw Jean in the lobby of the airport, she was expecting happy news or even a hug but was confused why Mikasa wasn't there with him. She told all her friends that remained in town that she was coming back home, they all said they would come to see her...

She'd been deep in thought ever since she's been back in the country, hearing the depressing news from Jean, understanding why no one was present, it was heartbreaking to hear, even though Y/n was busy overseas with work and not able to keep in touch as much, it didn't mean they meant anything less to her.

Everyone was hit hard, but the one hit hardest wasn't responding to anyone, not even her. Y/n knew what this could mean, she knew instead of walking painfully slow up 5 flights of stairs, she should've been racing, instead of standing dauntingly in front of room 505 without knocking or speaking and hardly even breathing she should be banging, shouting, and trying to catch her breath... but breathing was painful, it hurt her chest and made tears start to form in the corner of her eyes.

What if...

The possibility, that instead of Mikasa peeking out of her small apartment door, which still had a wreath that read "Merry Christmas" despite it being the middle of May, the possibility that Y/n would have to somehow break down Mikasa's locked door and find her...

The possibility made Y/n's stomach form into a black hole of emotion whirling around, she wanted to throw up. "Get it to-fucking-gether." She mumbled to herself, slapping the palms of her hands against her cheeks, she blinked her tears away and regained her composure, refusing to let those other thoughts cloud her mind but her hands were still shaking.

She knocked loudly, three times.
.
.
.
The sound of no activity from inside the house made her heart rate pick up. She knocked again, louder, 6 times.
.
.
.
"Mi..." Her voice was shaky, she had to stop herself, Y/n chewed her lip to stop them from trembling like her whole body was, and she took a deep breath. "Mikasa, it's me, I'm here..." She spoke to the mute door.
.
.
.
She fought to swallow the lemon-sized lump in her throat, she knocked calmly another time. "Love, if your in there, please...Open up for me, I need to see you okay." Her heart stopped beating as the stillness only grew, she was about to start violently banging on the door but froze from the sound of the locks being dropped from the other side of Mikasa's door.