☆ twenty two ☆

allys pov. the next day, (monday).

┌─────────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────┐

i had woken up with james arms wrapped around me from behind. i smiled and rubbed my eyes.

i wanted to let james sleep for a bit longer so i tried to get out of the bed without waking him up.

i managed to make my way out of the room. i walked into the kitchen and cliff was cooking that seemed to be eggs.

when he heard footsteps he turned around and said "morin". i smiled and said "good morning".

"how'd you sleep?" he asked as i sat down at the kitchen table. "good, and you?" i asked.

"really well" he smiled looking at me then he put some bread in the old toaster which i swear could explode any minute.

"do you want any eggs?" he asked pointing to the pan with his spatula. "nah im all good but thanks anyways" i said.

he just nodded and his toast popped. he grabbed the toast and put it on a plate with his eggs. he then brought his plate to the table and sat down.

i looked at the clock on the stove. it read eleven thirty.

cliff and i sat in silence, he was one of the very few people that i could do that with. most people felt the need to talk, which fair enough that makes sense but i really enjoy the few people that could just sit in silence and find it peaceful instead awkward.

i had very high respect for cliff.

then i heard "als!" yelled out. it was james. i laughed and stood up. i walked into the bedroom and james was under the blankets with his arms reaching out.

"come here" he said in a sleepy voice. i walked over to the bed and layed in next to him. he immediately wrapped his arms around me and smothered me with kisses.

i couldn't stop laughing. "james stop, i can barely breath" i said while laughing. so he stopped but his arms remained around me like ropes.

suddenly i feeling hit my chest. a sort of sadness. like if things are this good right now that means they're going to come spiraling down.

james rubbed by back, "i love you baby" he whispered then kissed by head. "but why?" i quaked. he instantly unwrapped his arms from around me and looked down at me. "what do you mean babe?" he asked trying to look at me but i just looked away.

"ally i don't know how many i will have to say this for you to understand it but your perfect. your kind, your gorgeous" he said while brining his hand to my chin to make me look up at him.

"i just don't see it james" i said to him. he sighed and said "ally, whether you see it or not your perfect and you can't change my mind". i felt my eyes get somewhat glassy. i closed them and he pulled me back into the hug.

"i love you so much james" i whispered now. i knew he was smiling and i could feel his heart beat get a little bit faster.

time skip. roughly 2 hours later.

so i wanted to go back to work. i mean i never really lost it but since my dad passed i had some time off ('sick days') lucky my friends parents own it or i probably would have been fired by now.

i was about to leave to go talk to them, still in my trackies and hoodie. on my way out the door lars said "good luck!" and i gave him a nod.

i got in my shitty old ute and headed to the gas station. on my way i had lit up a cigarette and managed to finish it while thinking about what i would say.

when i arrived at the gas station i walked inside praying that ben was there today. he was one of the owners and my friends dad.

i walked inside and katie was working so i gave her a waved and walked up to the counter. "is ben here by any chance?" i asked hopefully.

"mhm" she hummed, "he's out the back". i nodded and snuck into the back area. he was in the back shed/ supply room. he had his back facing me so i knocked on the door frame.

he turned around and said "ally!" he walked up to me and hugged me, i hugged him back and said "how're you doing benny" he nodded and said "yeah alright. you?" i nodded and replied "ready to work again...if that's okay".

he nodded again and said "yes! i need you! we've been so busy"

i smiled and said "sweet! im completely free whenever now".

"great, ill get you some shifts soon" he said.

"too easy. thank you so much, and it was good seeing you too" i said before he walked me to the front door and i hugged him goodbye.

i waved to him and he waved back as i got back into my car and turned it on. i decided i wanted to see shannon, i hadn't seen her in so long.

so i started my drive to her house. it didn't take me long to get there.

when i made it to her place i parked and jumped out of the car, i walked up to the front door and knocked on it. her dad answered and i said hi.

he let me come in and i surprised shannon. i walked to her door and just let myself in.

she instantly looked up at me and screamed "ally!".  i hugged her and said "hi". we talked for a bit and decided to go get lunch together. so we said bye to her dad and jumped in my car.

on the way there she filled me in on all the goss. and i did too even thought i didn't really even have any.

"so how's you and tyler?" i asked. she sighed and replied "we broke up but it's okay... we're still friends, it's better that way" i nodded in shock but understanding and asked "anyone else you like at the moment?" i saw her cheeks get red and she covered her face.

"ooo" i laughed. she looked at me and said "shut up" we arrived at a cafe and decided to have lunch there.

we filled each other in on everything in our lives. i always loved how shannon would listen to what i was saying and go along with it even if she had no clue what i was talking about.

after our little chat i drove her home and went back home myself.

i walked back inside and the guys were all sitting on the couch. they all turned to look at me and kirk said "how'd it go?" i smiled and said "i got my job back, i meant not that i ever lost it".

"yay!" kirk yelled. i laughed and others said "woo".

i walked to where james was sitting and sat on his lap because there was no room on the couch. he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss.

lars looked away in disgust and i just laughed at him.

└───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────┘

a/n: sorry this was cringy.