☆ thiry one ☆

february 1st

ally's pov.

┌─────────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────┐

it was my birthday tomorrow but i hadn't told anyone. i didn't expect anyone to remember. but it still surprised me the next day when no one said anything.

at first i assumed maybe it was a joke but after awhile i realised they had actually forgotten.

at about mid day i received a call from my aunt wishing me a happy birthday and we chatted for a bit.

after the call james asked who it was and what they wanted so i explained. "it was just my aunt" hoping that he could maybe guess why she called.

"oh okay, how's she going?" he asked in a friendly way.

my face dropped.

i realised he had no idea it was my birthday.

"good" i said deadpan before trying to make my way to the front porch to have a smoke. on my way to escape he grabbed my arm and said "ally, what's wrong?" with a bit of a sneer which just made me more angry.

"nothing" i said angrily as i tried to pull myself out of his strong grip. he really wouldn't let go until i looked him dead in the eyes and said "you really don't know do you?" as i said that i felt my eyes get a bit glassy.

"no i don't" he said, growing impatient.

i felt a hot tear slide down my cheek. his eyes changed from an angry glare to a caring worried looked. he loosened his grip on my arm and instead softly held my hand.

"what happened?" he asked gently. my heart squeezed a bit.

i really didn't want mountains of presents or anything like that, i just wanted him to remember.

"you didn't remember" i mumbled. keeping my eyes glued to the ground.

"shit" he said under his breath. i felt his whole body freeze.

"happy anniversary babe" he said rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"nope" was my reply.

"it's my birthday james..." the look on his face was priceless. it almost made me want to laugh but i couldn't.

"fuck" he said as he squeezed his eyelids shut. "happy birthday" he tried but i just left. i went out the front for my smoke.

james pov.

"fuck, fuck, fuck!" i said to myself while slapping my face. "how the fuck did i forget!".

"forget what?" cliff asked as he walked past me into the kitchen.

"ally's fuckin' birthday" i said while turning to follow him into the kitchen.

"oh shit" cliff froze too.

"yeah dude" i mumbled into my hands as i leaned against the kitchen table. "what the fuck do i do" i asked before letting out a long sigh that turned into more of a yell.

"you can't come back from that" cliff said honestly. he then reached into the fridge and grabbed me a beer.

as he handed it to me he said "just try and apologise and take her some place special. it won't fix anything but it's better than not taking her anywhere"

"i don't know if she'll even wanna talk to me" i added while rubbing the back of my neck and having a sip of my beer.

"worth a shot" he said before adding "that's a bit of a dick move though, after all the good shit she did for all our birthdays and christmas"