☆ twenty seven ☆

allys pop

boxing day/ 26 of december

┌─────────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────┐

it was lars birthday, we had a surprise planned but not until tomorrow because we knew most of us would probably be hungover from christmas. and we were.

we all woke up pretty late, violently hung over. i ran to the bathroom to throw up while shaking the whole time. i am pretty sure lars threw up as well.

we all looked visibly ill. after i had gotten some meds into me i roughly made a big breakfast with the help of the guys, who looked like they were also on the verge of dying.

the breakfast included my attempt at some of lars favourite danish food and christmas leftovers we took home with us from jan and ray yesterday.

lars of course had over the past few weeks talked about how he wanted to have a birthday party but we'd always talk him out of it like "sorry lars we aren't up for it" "sorry dude. maybe not this year".

we were just hoping he wouldn't get suspicious, we had something very cool planned.

so after a day of just recovering from our xmas hangovers and lounging around we had gone to bed. or more like lars had gone to bed.

when we knew he was alseep we all headed to this venue one of our friends owned. it was a nice pub that we would often go to, to see local bands. he had made a deal with us to shut it for lars party tomorrow.

we had decided that we wanted to start decorating tonight though because we would probably be over here kind of early tomorrow.

we started hanging up streamers and a hand made banner that said "happy birthday lars!". making it look very nice.

when we had finished decorating we tiredly headed back home and went to bed ourselves.

the next day i could tell that lars had been growing more annoyed as he actually realised we probably weren't doing anything for his birthday. we hadn't even given him any kind of presents.

around 12:30 kirk and i had made an excuse about going out to get groceries but we went to make sure everything was ready at the venue and that everyone was showing up.

a bit after kirk and i left james walked up to lars and said "...lars man" lars turned to look at him from sitting on the couch and said "yeah" in a kind of  annoyed voice. "sorry for not doing anything for your birthday. we were pretty hungover. wanna go out for a beer?" james asked, shooting cliff a few sneaky glances inbetween. "yeah sounds cool" and he left to get dressed.

when they were ready they got in at car and headed to the venue. kirk and i had made sure everyone parked around the back so lars didn't recognise any of his friends cars and they headed in.

when lars, cliff and james walked through the door we all yelled "happy birthday lars!". the look on his face was priceless. he had the biggest smile on his face.

he ran his hands over his face as we all waited for his reply. "fockin hell guys" was all he could get out. everyone was laughing.

so we went back to drinking and lars did rounds saying hi and thank you to everyone who had showed. i had managed to get in contact with some of lars childhood friends through his parents and james knew a few.