☆ thirty seven ☆

july

allys pov:

┌─────────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────┐

as the month of july unfolded, i found myself slipping into the familiar rhythm of being back around the boys.

during the week i would make my way over to spend my some nights at their place...the place that deep down still felt like home.

though i hesitated to call it 'living' there – not yet, at least.

i decided to not move straight back in. taking things slow felt like the right thing to do. it felt too dangerous to rush into things.

in those initial days, the boys practice sessions became the highlight of my week.

standing with them in the garage, drinking beers, smoking joints, surrounded by the music that we loved filled me with a sense of content.

their sound had evolved. they sounded more refined and unique than the last time id heard them.

also - we had a kickass 4th in of july party.

we used the day to prepare for the event by hanging up red, white and blue streamers across the backyard. and any other USA themed decor that we'd bought from the cheap shop down the road.

we referred to it as the "cheap shit shop".

these decorations included: USA flag bunting, balloons, napkins etc etc.

as the sun slowly went down the sky was painted in hues of gold and orange which casted a warm glow over the backyard.

the space was filled with said patriotic decorations, and we had even managed to get a little makeshift stage set up.

we had stole some wooden pallets and lined them up to form a big enough stage before chucking a few rugs & mats on top.

as the night went on more & more people came, more beers flowed, more music was played & life long memories had been set into stone.

my heart grew as i took in the scene. the boys in their element, doing what they loved for people that they loved. pouring their heart and soul into each note.

as the sun officially fell, the sky erupted in a display of fireworks. the explosions of color above us mirrored the bursts of emotion that had come to define this part of my life.

during the celebration, i found myself looking to james. his eyes were reflecting the same sense of wonder that danced in the sky. he slyly smiled at me before we both leaned in for a kiss.

"happy 4th darlin" he whispered across my lips in a southern accent. "happy 4th to you too buttercup" i replied, mirroring the accent. we both giggled before looking back up at the sky.

as the night stretched on, the bonfire crackled, and conversations flowed.

a few people had already passed out inside, people meaning lars who got way too drunk way too early.

i kinda feel bad for the little dude - last thing i saw was him throwing up his whole stomach.

james and i found ourselves lying side by side on the cool grass holding hands as the world spun around us. we both had gotten too drunk as well.